Stark open ended hand guards

Patrick Verner

I only have about 2 hours on my stark so far. 1 hour was at Dyracuse Park in Wisconsin and the second hour was at Knobby Ridge. The knobby ridge trail was the first single trail I have ever ridden a full size bike on. It was only ~5 miles and considered very easy. I was pretty scared through some of the sections. I was told that trail riding is easy and MX is a lot harder. Well, that's not true as I quickly learned. I've been racing MX most of my life (51 years old now). The ride was very stressful because I was riding a 100% stock machine and was terrified I was going to smash my hands. I had no idea what I got myself into.

I can't race MX anymore, so I'll being doing open riding at MX tracks and trail riding. I'm not real excited about running bark busters on an MX track. What are the strongest open ended guards that are 100% guaranteed to fit the Stark without any mods?

Theo

I use the Acerbis X-Force for motocross, so just to protect my fingers and the throttle from chunks of mud thrown by spinning rear tyres. I don't know whether they are the sturdiest open ended guards but I doubt it because they look more elastic than strong; I think they can withstand falls by bending (they have so far but I also installed them inwards) but I doubt that they would completely absorb the impact with a tree.
I chose them beause I noticed that @TCMB371 was using them without modifications and as I expected I installed them without modifications, too.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I run Acerbis X-Force on both my Varg and my Alta. On the throttle side I mount the bracket right next to the front brake MC and the arm goes over top the master cylinder. I then have the handgaurd mounted in the top slot so they sit lower, infront of my hands.

For motocross they are great and will bent out of the way if you tip the bike over. For offroad you might want to look into actual bark busters with a bar end insert. The Varg uses an open plastic sleeve throttle tube so you could just slide the throttle inwards a bit so the tube and grip doesn't rub the bar end.

20240605_193925.jpg