Stark trail mode

Fog 25

Being an old non-tech guy has anybody found instructions on how to work the new trail mode?
I am assuming Stark will come out with the video at some point.

LTJ

Do you mean the walking function that goes forward and reverse? If so, just hold down either the two "silver" buttons next to the red on/off button for a few seconds. That will bring up an avatar of a person walking. Once in that mode, the bike will either move slowly forward or backwards, depending on which silver button you hold down. To get out of the mode, just quickly tap (don't hold down) one of the silver buttons (I think it might be the lower one, not sure). Works great for loading bike on truck, and doing a multipoint turn to change directions on a trail. Nice feature.

Fog 25

I think I figured out the Track mode. Have to put a left and right starting point on the side of the track and it will track lap times. Will check it next time i’am out.
Haven’t figured out how to use the trail mode.

AL_V

To get out of the mode, just quickly tap (don't hold down) one of the silver buttons (I think it might be the lower one, not sure).
To cancel reverse crawl, tap the top button.
To cancel forward crawl, tap the bottom button.

I think I figured out the Track mode. Have to put a left and right starting point on the side of the track and it will track lap times. Will check it next time i’am out.
Haven’t figured out how to use the trail mode.
I am not aware of these modes, where did you find out about them, and exactly how do you "put a left and right starting point on the side of the track?"

Fog 25

To cancel reverse crawl, tap the top button.
To cancel forward crawl, tap the bottom button.

I am not aware of these modes, where did you find out about them, and exactly how do you "put a left and right starting point on the side of the track?"
On your home screen In the Stark phone next to the stats, mode, trails and track. The track replace the parts spot.

AL_V

On your home screen In the Stark phone next to the stats, mode, trails and track. The track replace the parts spot.
Thanks, I guess I saw those buttons before but never tried them.
Looks like you can import trails into the app.
I am going to look for a tutorial on the trails function, if no luck, I will ask support how to use it.

Fog 25

Stark was quick to send out a new update to Remove the access to the Trail and Track feature.

"Sales Support (Stark Future).
Aug 30, 2024, 14:23 GMT+2

We apologize for the confusion.
The recent update gave mistakenly access to the beta version of our trails feature.
This feature has now been removed, and we'll reintroduce it when it's ready for official release.

Sorry, we have you a sneak peek in to the development.

Now you know a bit more about the future than the rest. (;
Best regards,

Stark Future Team"

AL_V

Stark was quick to send out a new update to Remove the access to the Trail and Track feature.

"Sales Support (Stark Future).
Aug 30, 2024, 14:23 GMT+2

We apologize for the confusion.
The recent update gave mistakenly access to the beta version of our trails feature.
This feature has now been removed, and we'll reintroduce it when it's ready for official release.

Sorry, we have you a sneak peek in to the development.

Now you know a bit more about the future than the rest. (;
Best regards,

Stark Future Team"
Hmm, I guess I will not update my phone until necessary.
I also emailed support, and received the same response.

Fog 25

Track mode work pretty good. Give you each lap time, Fastest lap and has a lap counter on the display. My phone up graded on it own and it went away. Wednesday it work Friday didn’t. The lap timer on my phone runs about 10 seconds to long a lap. LOL 😂

AL_V

Track mode work pretty good. Give you each lap time, Fastest lap and has a lap counter on the display. My phone up graded on it own and it went away. Wednesday it work Friday didn’t. The lap timer on my phone runs about 10 seconds to long a lap. LOL 😂
Yea, so evidently they can force updates without approval or any interaction with the user...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
An accurate lap timer would actually be very useful. In the days before LitPro, I had an AiM Solo display and data logger mounted in the middle of the handlebar pad on my CRF250. It was very helpful and motivating to see my lap times displayed instantly every lap. Watching my lap times in real time was way more fun than fiddling with cell phones/computers after the session when I should rather be cooling off and resting, which is the main reason I never warmed up to a LitPro and had to return it under their unlimited 100% satisfaction guarantee, which they since changed to just 30 days, probably thanks to me, LOL. MoTeC and similar loggers can show you section times and a running lap time +/- gain/loss, so you do not even have to complete a clean lap to see if you are improving. LitPro is awesome, but its app does not have a real-time display to give you feedback, AFAIK. I thought it was possible to carry a cell phone and wear earbuds and have it read lap times to you out loud. But maybe I was dreaming. Lots of cool opportunities here!