Stark Varg 80HP to Duke 125 2017 conversion (engine)

Simon Tkac

Hey, I found a stark varg Alpha for quite cheap and I‘m wondering if i could fit the engine into my duke 125. Sort of an engine swap. Now, I ain’t no engineer, I’m just 18yo, so I don’t even know where to begin to see if this would work, so I came here for help :)

Erwin P

If it's 18 year old budget i'm willing to pay you double to save the bike :ROFLMAO:

By all means if you really want it you could. You need to rebuild the frame around the motor and need a frame to hang the battery in. Also you would need to upgrade the swingarm to handle the torque and respring the fork and shock to hold the extra weight.

I would suggest using a Starg Varg frame as a shortcut to make things easy on yourself. Might use the swingarm and suspension as well.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I would download high-resolution side-view images of both bikes. Scale the images in MS Paint to be proportional to their real-life wheelbase numbers. Cut out the motor+battery from the Varg, drag it over to the Duke image, and see if it fits the side view of the bike.

Then would measure the width of the real Varg's battery and see it fits between the Duke's trellis frame tubes.

Identity where the Varg's powertrain is bolted to the frame and see if you can add the same attachments/brackets to the Duke's frame.

It's could be a fun project, ot it could be a hacksaw massacre of both bikes.