Stark Varg inverter cover removal

bigdallen76

With the limited options to customize the Varg, I have been wanting to paint the gray cover on the inverter (just above the motor). My thought is to remove the cover and spray it so I don't have to tape a million things. Anyone else attempt to remove this cover? I have been working on dirt bikes for more than 25 years and have rebuilt top and bottom ends and also am familiar with tinkering with electric motors, controllers and batteries, but this is intimidating because I really don't want to shock myself with high voltage or ruin such a fun bike!. I see that stark really doesn't want people tearing into the motor by using bolt heads on this cover that are very uncommon (I have already made a tool to remove these). Someone talk me out of making a big mistake!

Erwin P

Removing those will cut off warranty claims as there is no way of knowing (for them) you could seal it properly afterwards.
Also you need to take the motor out so shock isn't the issue.

But if you have taken it out, well you might as well just tape around it, thats the least of the work.

bigdallen76

I removed one of those "fancy bolt heads" only to find it's really a rubber cover for the torx head bolts. It glued with a little black silicone. Just in case anyone is wondering what those are.