Stark Varg - Owners Manual

Theo

Well, I personally prefer precise specifications, too, but to me it sounds too demanding to expect that a company does something like washing a bike multiple times varying parameters like pressure and distance of the nozzle until damage occurs in order to create those specifications.

I can't wash my bikes at home and I only use them at the track, so I wash them with whatever washer is available there. If I can choose between garden hose and power washer, I always choose the former.
If the power washer is the only way, I gauge its harmfulness by placing one hand at a certain distance from the nozzle and feeling it on my skin, but be aware of the fact that someone told me that he accidentally peeled a little bit of epidermis off of his skin by accidentally putting his hand right in front of the nozzle of a pressure washer. I then keep the nozzle at a distance which feels decently safe for the bike.
Surely distance lowers the damaging power, I guess because air drag highly affects that fast water flow.

Chaconne

Well, I personally prefer precise specifications, too, but to me it sounds too demanding to expect that a company does something like washing a bike multiple times varying parameters like pressure and distance of the nozzle until damage occurs in order to create those specifications.

I can't wash my bikes at home and I only use them at the track, so I wash them with whatever washer is available there. If I can choose between garden hose and power washer, I always choose the former.
If the power washer is the only way, I gauge its harmfulness by placing one hand at a certain distance from the nozzle and feeling it on my skin, but be aware of the fact that someone told me that he accidentally peeled a little bit of epidermis off of his skin by accidentally putting his hand right in front of the nozzle of a pressure washer. I then keep the nozzle at a distance which feels decently safe for the bike.
Surely distance lowers the damaging power, I guess because air drag highly affects that fast water flow.
Agreed. My quibble was the FAQ saying one thing and the manual saying something else. Also I was guessing that the Stark would be highly sealed given that generally E and water don't play well together. But I will take care not blast the mud off of it. I ride mostly tough trails, enduro, and gnarl so bikes get loaded with heavy mud and swamp goo that even pressure sometimes can't remove, you need to bust it up with something manually first.

I am going fab something to lessen the pressure if I am using the car wash pressure washer. @rayivers suggested a maybe buying a portable power washer where I could control the pressure better with water self-contained and that might work for me. I checked it out and Koblenz makes one that holds 5 gallons of water and I can use the powerstation I have to power it too. :)

rayivers

This Ivation looks nearly ideal to me if the quality's decent - plenty of cool features and130psi max, double what I use but should work even better, and certainly way safer than 1,500 :) There might even be some used ones for sale, by those who bought it thinking it was a regular hi-pressure unit (Ivation mentions 130psi several times tho, hard to miss).