Stark Varg side stand option

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The only other option that has a cost associated with it is the $100 sidestand.

It is interesting that the side stand option has to be decided upon in the ordering process. I think it would be integrated into the frame, so this is why it needs to be decided upon when buying the bike.

chrome_screenshot_1639852770269.png

The foot peg mounts are aluminum. I am not sure I like this for durability and serviceability. I hope they have some stainless steel bushings to prevent wear.

Just do not hit any tree stumps with foot pegs, else you might have to buy a new frame.

Has anyone seen any photos with the side stand?

Chadx

I've not seen any pictures of the side stand, but I don't think they'd integrate it into the frame, meaning so integrated that they would need two frames. Not a good design for economy of scale. It's likely some type of bolt-on option that could be added later though I'm not seeing any tabs/brackets like we are used to see on shared frames from the big manufacturers. Based on how they designed the chain adjustment and even rear axle bolt/nut, it will likely be slick.

I think it's nice they give a side stand option and a few other options to prep the bike how you want it right from the order sheet. Like the no-cost option between 18" enduro rear wheel and 19" moto rear wheel, hand or foot brake lever, and letting one choose from 7 rider weight ranges for the suspension.

Chadx

im sure the side stand will be through the axle

If, by "through the axle", you mean a stand like the triangle stands used on motorcross bikes, I don't believe that is what Varg is optioning for at least a couple reasons.
- They are charging $100 for the side stand option and a motocross triangle stand runs $15 retail so about $7 wholesale. If that is for what I'm paying $100, I'm not going to be happy. Ha.
- The point of a sidestand/kickstand on an enduro bike is so it is always with you so you can use it wherever and whenever. A triangle axle stand is never with you so defeats the purpose.

So, whatever the design, I think it will be mounted to the bike and always with you ready to deploy.

AL_V

It's a kickstand.
I asked this question to support at Stark Future:
Hello, Is the "side stand" what we call a "kickstand," that is bolted and spring hinged on the left side of the bike?

Got this reply:
Hi Allen,
Thank you for contacting Stark Future.

Yes, it is a kickstand.

Please feel free to reach us out if you have any further questions.
Thank you, Mike.
Customer Service Manager

Swank171

I also got this when asking!

Thank you for contacting the Support Department.

“The Stand is detachable, so in my opinion you should keep it.”

Please if you have any questions, comments or concerns during the process, let us know.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Mike Lorenzo.

Customer Service Manager

AL_V

“The Stand is detachable, so in my opinion you should keep it.”
I assume that means you remove at least one bolt to "detach" it....

I also got this reply to my request for photos:
"Unfortunately we do not have pictures with the kickstand at the moment."