STARK VARG (Something new is coming!)

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Remember back in the day when companies would just release new products when they were ready? Can nobody just release a product anymore? Why all the hype?

Now days we have trailers for movies, and pre-trailers announcing that a new trailer will be dropping soon. And trailer-analysis vids looking at the details of a trailer frame-by-frame to predict what the movie will be like. And critics that rate and rank the best trailers.

Nobody cares about the F’ing movie anymore, because it’s two years out and may never get made because some director made disparaging remarks about obese woodchucks on MySpace when they were like 12. Plus, the movie will just be a remake of a crappy movie that flopped in the 1990’s because it was a stupid idea then and it’s a stupid idea now, but they can’t think up anything new anymore. So it will be a rehash with a higher budget and better CGI, but the same crap idea.

So come on people! Cut the crap and tell us when you have an actual product. Don’t tell us you are thinking of making a cool product. Don’t tell us you reached a deal with somebody slightly famous to think about planning a potential new product. Don’t tell us that Elon Musk’s housekeeper’s cousin’s roommate heard that Elon is very rude, but he may also invest in a new product that is peripherally related to a product that doesn’t exist yet, but will be the coolest thing since electric toothpaste.

Enough hype!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Thats cool but this is something brand new entirely. And i think its going to shock the industry. Fasten your seatbelts boys, and your bank accounts.

Brillie35

Make Alta Great Again
What's everyones thoughts on claimed range. I don't understand how it could be that much more than the Alta with only a marginally larger capacity.
Well the range isn't that much different then what ALTA claimed.
So everyone who ownes a Alta has a great benchmark for what to expect.

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel1.PNG

snydes

Staff member
Range figures seem highly optimistic. Only slightly more capacity than the Alta pack. Unless they are pushing the limits of the cells harder than Alta (which would obviously impact pack life), than I would write those numbers off as PR fluff. Having said all that I’m still stoked to see a new real electric offering. And it would seem they may have been listening to us as well as there are several features/improvements to this that we’ve discussed before.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Range figures seem highly optimistic. Only slightly more capacity than the Alta pack. Unless they are pushing the limits of the cells harder than Alta (which would obviously impact pack life), than I would write those numbers off as PR fluff. Having said all that I’m still stoked to see a new real electric offering. And it would seem they may have been listening to us as well as there are several features/improvements to this that we’ve discussed before.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It appears to be very Alta marketing esk. Us owners figured out the true capabilities of our bikes.

"Up to 6 hours of range" seems to me like marketing asked their engineers what max range is and engineers said "wellll, theoretically 6 hours max" and marketing went "sweet! lets print it!".

6kWh will give you 6 hours of range if you average 1kW of power usage, which is 1.34 hp.

A few other observations:

1) The cell configuration looks interesting, and i'm suspicious. Here's a screenshot from one of the videos showing a battery case half. There appears to be 200 cells in each half, totaling 400 cells. Our Alta's have over 500 cells. Maybe Stark isn't using 18650's? I dont know, but the math just doesnt add up to me. What do you guys think?
1639498746698.png

2) KYB AOS forks with X-trig style triple clamp and a KYB shock, all sprung for your weight (customizable in the ordering process) should be great!

3) 242 lbs. Wow, 15lbs lighter than the Alta. That will be awesome.

4) Charger appears to be the same as our rapid charger (Elcon 3.3kWh). Since the battery is air cooled, i think we could expect very similar charging rate and charging times as our Alta's.

5) The tunability via the phone app is pretty awesome. Including a full on cellphone with the bike is .... strange, but i'm not complaining. I think its a step in the right direction.

6) 80hp peak! Holy crap, thats gonna be a mode that I use to just to show off the power to friends. 60hp would be plenty on a motocross track for me. Hell, 50HP on the Alta is plenty already.

7) Ergos appear to be similar to a KTM which is a good thing.

8) Kinda suspicious about the ground clearance, but we'll see.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
It seems to tick off lots of the shortcomings of The Alta. And it looks gorgeous. Leave it to the Swedes to make a pretty product.

I am curious about the potential swapability of the battery, though. Still couldn’t do a long enduro.