Storm Bee riden by David Knight

F451

Very cool.

Its hard to tell, but it looks like the rear shock is oriented more vertically, or slightly forward vs being slanted backwards the way it appeared in prior photos/videos.

Specs:
Peak Motor Output: 22.5KW
Max. Torque: 520Nm
Top Speed: 68mph
Range: 62 miles (@30mph)
Battery Type: 96V/48Ah High-Rate Ternary Lithium Battery (with SONY VTC6 Cells)
Charging Time: 3 hours
Net Weight: 118 kg/260 lb (with battery)

Scooter584

I'm sure we all wish Alta was still around! Just looking at it and reading specs Alta is better, at least to me, and where were all these dudes at back then!?

F451

I’ve literally never seen a realistic mileage range spec from an electric motorcycle or bicycle mfr ever. Tesla has the closest estimates to reality that I’ve seen, probably because the federal regulations on EPA mileage claims.

I generally subtract 1/4 to 1/2 the stated range from all the moto/bicycle mfrs claims.

B. FRANK

on an endless downhill with the motor off you have unlimited range. you all know that range is dependent on weight, speed and conditions, my sm is rated at up to an hour but I nearly empty the battery in 20 minutes, am I crying? no way it's a hell of a 20 minutes!!!!! be happy and know that someday someone will build something better than an alta, if you don't believe me remember that Harley Davidsons were once the fastest things on the road.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
By doing it slowly?
That and by having 40% less peak power under full load. Not dumping as much electrons off the line. It should also be noted, that the engineers in China probably don't weigh much more than 65kg/145Ibs so that and riding slowly is how the distance data was measured.