Strapless Hauling

Moto Cinch

Forum's Sponsor
Moto Cinch strapless tie downs are available at www.motocinch.com. Same day shipping and sponsor of this forum! Street, dirt and mini models available. Extensions for snow bikes and an E-track converter is on the way.

05906375-DB9D-45F3-9713-FF63B3E774B2.jpeg

B886AA62-8642-428A-A194-BA0E70B483F5.png

Bloak

I went with steadystand for my boxvan. Work well, no complaints.

My setup places first bike in backwards and second bike in forwards. This allows the bikes to be closer together for more room (generator, power washer, and the other stuff I probably don’t need to lug around)

steadystand1.jpg

steadystand2.jpg

steadystand3.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My Moto Cinch will be getting installed into my motovan soon, right after the new floor is done. The bike in the middle will be installed backward facing the rear doors for a more compact installation. I can't use a front wheel chock with it, so a Moto Cinch will be perfect!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Pics of the install?
Great minds think alike (and simultaneously too)! I have been working on my motovan and finally drilled the holes in the van's floor last night! I made sure to get the locations correct.

I spent almost a half an hour thinking how to tighten/untighten the bolts alone. Because I will have to do it one day, I am sure. I am still working on the van's floor, and it is not done yet. After a half an hour of making plans to make special nut retainers, or to buy different nuts, I gave up for now. Going to get the neighbor to help me tonight or tomorrow.

Pics to follow by the end of the week!

Moto Cinch

Forum's Sponsor
LOL, I feel your pain. I had the same issue. I ended up putting vice grips on the nut under the vehicle and tightened the screw from above. Vice grips didnt spin because i put them on at an angle so they’d wedge against the floor. Might not work in your case though.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Definitely a two person job. At least one of the people just needs to hold the ratchet or the screwdriver, so it doesn't need to be a skilled person. I made my kid crawl under the truck, since I am too old and entitled to do so anymore.

Also, use a larger size Phillips head screwdriver on top, or the screw heads can deform. Size matters in this case. Also, recheck them later, as I had one that loosened up about a week later because my truck has a rubberized undercoating and the nut kind of sunk into it eventually.

(Technically, I guess all screwdrivers are Philip's screwdrivers, if they are owned by Philip.)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking, a small hand-held vice that holds both nuts at once would have been ideal for now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095PHF5VL/?tag=sce0f-20

But in the future I am planning to make a 3-foot long steel bar to install under the van to keep the bike from pulling the sheet metal floor up. And then I will either weld the nuts to it, or install rivnuts, or do something similar. I want to be able to remove those bike mounts without a second person climbing under the van, and also tighten them if they ever come loose, which they will.

Top Bottom