Task Racing battery pack storage.....

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Several of us AOF memebers purchased LED off road lights from @MrTaskRacing . The season is upon us to put these amazing light away for the winter.

I realized that I had no idea what amount of charge I had in my helmet light and the light bar! I read through the literature I got, I can't say that I did a good job of keeping track of it all, but I didn't see any storage recommendations.... BUT I recall either reading or being told to run the lights down to zero power, then charge the packs for two hours and store.

@MrTaskRacing , can you verify this? I want to get as much life from these battery packs as possible. Unfortunately they sit unused most of the time.

Thanks

OneLapper

MrTaskRacing

Hey there---
There should have been some info included with your kit, but in short --- do NOT run the packs down to 0% if you can help it.
You really should try not to ever go below 20% power left. If you do store it, the best % to store it at is 60-70%.
The key with any lithium Ion battery is activity and keeping those cells alive for as long as possible.
Storing for the winter is not optimal. You should run them down a bit, then charge them up a bit ever month to keep things as active and live
as possible.
Take a look at the attachment, it might help to explain things better.
In the end, the batteries do fizzle out over time---that's the technology, but this will help keep them as fresh as possible over the long game~
Happy New Year to everyone!!
Cheers,
Mark Slover at Task Racing

Battery Activity . Warranty.PNG

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Hmmm, well, I got that wrong! DO NOT run them them down to zero, got it. I'll have to charge them all up and turn them on for a couple hours.

Actually, I think I'll charge up the LiPo packs to 100%, see what the SOC is after it rests for a bit. I'll run the light for an hour and check the SOC again. Based on that I can determine what the optimal hours of run time is to get the packs to 60%, as well as estimating when the pack will reach 20%.

Sounds like a good rainy weekend project.

Thanks @MrTaskRacing! Looking forward to seeing you at the 2020 NE 24hr Challenge!

MrTaskRacing

You got it man , and take a look at my new AER-FLO goggles and I'll be releasing a new headlight bucket light that my pros have been using and really liking.
Super blingy, all CNC machined and designed for Hard Enduro--- my new RA2.0. Check out some pics from my pros at the Red Bull Override event in TX in Dec.
Was nice to see those big names using my stuff!

MJS 3.PNG

MJS 8.PNG

MJS 6.PNG

MJS 11.PNG

MJS 19.PNG

MJS 15.PNG