The FASTEST Car You CAN BUY! McMurtry Speirling Pure BREAKS RECORDS

Philip

Administrator
Staff member

Wow! Finally, someone made a (somewhat) production fan car! It has only been 54 years since the Chaparral Can-Am fan car (1970) and just 46 years since the Brabham F1 fan car (1978).

It is really interesting to see what engineering decisions went into this. The car is electric, with adjustable power and downforce, shorter and narrower than a typical racecar because apparently, they could create a strong enough vacuum to beat the F1 in all slow corners.

I kept watching the entire video until the end trying to learn what that dangling rubber hose on top of the hood was, but they never mentioned it. Any ideas?

In the 2000's guys were modifying their Civics and Supras to be faster than Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Then the Model S Plaid came out and beat them all at drag strips, in street races, and around the Nurburgring too. So, the interest died out because anyone could now buy the world's fastest car for just $100K and also drive it daily. But it wasn't particularly fun or sexy. It was a boring lul period.

And now this car! If I had an extra $1M, I would indulge myself, LOL!

Or maybe I should just add some Lexan skirts and a leaf blower to a Tesla or a Supra?

Theo

I kept watching the entire video until the end trying to learn what that dangling rubber hose on top of the hood was, but they never mentioned it. Any ideas?
Since only the prototype has it, I guess it could be a pitot tube to measure the speed of the air flow.

I've also noticed the Molicel sticker on the car and found out that Molicel produces its cells:
https://www.molicel.com/event/mcmur...cel-announce-strategic-technical-partnership/

If the battery lasted longer, that would surely be my favourite car, but I can imagine that it could be frustrating to do like one lap at F1 pace and then needing to recharge, so I am a little undecided.
IMO that car is an art and a technology masterpiece.

Also the noise it makes and its looks make you feeling that it's something brought from the future via a time machine.