The German eMXM

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Battery change in 25 seconds !?

Also another interesting tidbit from their website:
2018 - the eMXM family got a new member. We imported, as one of the very first, an ALTA Redshift MX in 2017 and are racing it. As it is a production bike, there is room for improvements. We equiped it with a high performance mototech suspension and some other nice tweaks. The eMXM bike is the same like in 2017.

The 2nd round of the German Cross Country Championship ended in Josefs first victory on the Alta bike.
blog_walldorf_18.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If somebody has questions, i can answer them first hand.
Yes, please!

Are they still in business? How much do these bikes cost?

Why, with all this carbon fiber, are they heavier than the Altas?

Are the controller and the battery not cooled?

How do they handle? Are they as precise and flickable as the Alta?

querlenker

Yes, please!

Are they still in business? How much do these bikes cost?

Why, with all this carbon fiber, are they heavier than the Altas?

Are the controller and the battery not cooled?

How do they handle? Are they as precise and flickable as the Alta?

I am part of this small team. The bikes were never made for sale. They were build as testing platforms and sure for fun. The idea was, if possible, to make a comercial product. This was not possible till now due to several circumstances.

The whole drivetrain was much heavier than the Alta`s. 40kg battery, 15kg motor.. Radiators, Fans.. If you remove the ~9kg battery and 7kg motor difference you end up pretty light.

Controller is forced aircooled, that was good enough. Batteries only convection..

The weight advantage is a bit feelable. We allways equiped our bikes with very good suspension so its hard to compare with a stock Alta, which has very bad suspension stock, in my opinion.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Judging by the rear sprocket, it looks like there is no gearbox, and so the motor is relatively low-RPM, just like on the Zero. Am I guessing it right? Or is this the Zero's motor?

querlenker

They are modified Zero ZF75-5 and 75-7 Motors. Batteries are also modified Zero packs or self built 18650 packs depending on bike.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
...ways equiped our bikes with very good suspension so its hard to compare with a stock Alta, which has very bad suspension stock, in my opinion.
LoL, I have spent so much time riding dirt bikes with crap suspension that I thought what the Alta's came with was absolutely incredible... I don't know how to imagine how it could be better. But someday I hope to learn.

Sumik

LoL, I have spent so much time riding dirt bikes with crap suspension that I thought what the Alta's came with was absolutely incredible... I don't know how to imagine how it could be better. But someday I hope to learn.
If you want to learn about better suspension, let the Alta ones modify by Mototech and you'll feel the difference immediately.