Ultratoad is upset with Alta Motors. Wants to know when the SMR is coming out.

Ultratoad

I'm going to put it here, because they won't let me post it anywhere else.... Maybe not even here.... I have been a huge fan of the SM since it came out.... But, I don't want to buy last years technology, especially on an electric.... I have asked, and asked about a SMR with no response.... I have asked and asked about an update on the Harley fiasco with no response.... I have even said that I will be buying the ICE Husky 701 SM if someone wont talk to me !!!! This is my last attempt.... Not impressed Alta.... If you can't talk to those that love you, you deserve to fade away.........................

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Moved from the Welcome thread into a new thread in General Discussion.

This is an independent forum that is not owned by Alta Motors, although Alta employees do visit it often (thanks to them for that!). Maybe they will provide a reply, or maybe not.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I can't comment from an informed perspective on the SMR, other than to ask the obvious question of whether you have talked directly with your dealer about getting one. That is how I got info on the EXR.

Regarding the Harley/Alta agreement and any possible termination of that agreement, I can comment based on a couple of decades at a pretty high levels in both public and private companies. As far as I know, neither HD nor Alta have formally or informally announced anything about termination of their agreement. So there is no possibility that any smart person at Alta is going to provide that information on a public internet forum. And realistically, if Alta had smart contract lawyers when the agreement was put together, unwinding it will take some time (and HD money).

Once, and if, the companies communicate formally to financial stakeholders, then the very helpful Alta people on this forum may be allowed to provide clarification and additional insight into the agreements and possibly even into future plans. To do so ahead of formal investor communication would likely bring termination for an employee and lawsuits for the companies.

Speedkills

I'm going to put it here, because they won't let me post it anywhere else.... Maybe not even here.... I have been a huge fan of the iPad Pro since it came out.... But, I don't want to buy last years technology, especially on an electric tablet.... I have asked, and asked about a 2019 iPad Pro with no response.... I have asked and asked about an update on the Mac Mini fiasco with no response.... I have even said that I will be buying the Samsung Android tablet if someone wont talk to me !!!! This is my last attempt.... Not impressed Apple.... If you can't talk to those that love you, you deserve to fade away.........................

strider

It does seem like building an SMR from the SM would be a pretty simple exercise but we don't know anything. Maybe they're working on a larger onboard charger, J1772 compatibility (or, gulp, DC fast charging), or something else cool and so it's more than just slamming the R battery pack into the chassis? I promise you if they are working better charging you will be happy to wait 6 months or however long as it will make your bike much more usable. As a long time Tesla owner, you don't want them to rush it. In the grand scheme of things it's not that long (I realize I say that not knowing how long we're talking).

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I'm going to put it here, because they won't let me post it anywhere else.... Maybe not even here.... I have been a huge fan of the iPad Pro since it came out.... But, I don't want to buy last years technology, especially on an electric tablet.... I have asked, and asked about a 2019 iPad Pro with no response.... I have asked and asked about an update on the Mac Mini fiasco with no response.... I have even said that I will be buying the Samsung Android tablet if someone wont talk to me !!!! This is my last attempt.... Not impressed Apple.... If you can't talk to those that love you, you deserve to fade away.........................
:-O Best response ever.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You guys have no compassion.

Ta-da di-da Ta-da di-da,
Ta-da ta-da-di-da

Dear Alta "I'm Too Good To Call Or Write My Fans"
This will be the last package I ever send your ass
It's been six months and still no word, I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing ninety on the freeway
And all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I love you, Alta, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me.

BEZ23

Why not just get an EXR or MXR, and do a SM conversion? That's what I did. Change wheels/tires, gearing, and you're good. But if you need an onboard charger that's a different story.

Ireek

I think lacing a 17 on the rear and 19 up front would be killer on the EXR, I forget what bike I saw that combo on, but it split the difference between the full on dirt look and super moto, the 19 might be more work than it's worth though. I had the SM, I would have preferred the off board charger, I didn't use the bike for commuting, if you're a good rider, you can burn through a single charge in about 20-30 minutes so it would be nice to have faster charging.