Varg footpegs and boots.

ReVolter

These are the soles of my Fox Comp 5 boots after 13 hours on the Varg. They are almost cut all the way through. Can anyone recommend boots that can stand up to the overly aggressive Varg footpegs?

20240918_175310.jpg

Theo

My already worn Sidi Crossfire 2 SRS with supermoto soles are in way better conditions after 30 hours of motocross with the Varg and the soles can be replaced anyways.
BTW i'm a slow rider and surely not an instructor but those boots look worn too much in the center; maybe if you start riding more on your forefoot you will both extend the life of the boots and ride better, unless you have the rear brake pedal; then it's understandable that you ride on the midfoot IMO.

bigdallen76

I've only ridden 4 hours on the Varg at the track and my Tech 10's have held up very well. I'm not very good but I weigh 250lbs and case just about every jump and have landed out in the flats a few times.

happyinmotion

65 hours on Tech 7s with the titanium footpegs. I also use Steg Pegz so my boots are pretty much always in the same position on the footpegs.

There's starting to be a mark on the soles but nothing like the wear you're getting.

Chaconne

I like Gaerne SGs for durability and comfort. They are expensive and heavy but hold up much better than the lighter less expensive Foxes and ASs IMHO.

SG-10s start at around 400.00 SG-12s are around 450.00 and SG-22s will run over 600.00. There are some lesser models but SG-10s get the job done for me at least.