Varg Radiator placement

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Interesting placement for the Varg radiator, behind the rear shock. Hadn’t noticed that in previous pics. Saw this on Facebook.

1652712926143.png

Fog 25

@Mark911 Didn’t you try this radiator placement in one of your bikes? How do you think the dust control will be in this position? Are they gonna need a filter to control the dust and mud from accumulating on the radiator?

Warren

Didn't even know there was a radiator...LOL. Crazy how this thing can be so much lighter than the Alta.
Yah, I noticed the radiator hoses from examining pictures really closely. And wonder why Mr Stark Varg didn’t mention in all of his MANNY in-depth interviews and videos🧐 almost like he was trying to hide something from all of us strange. And really when asked technical questions he really didn’t have a good answers almost like he’s the thought man behind the project and not the actual designer in engineer , but do wish him Success.

fsfs

It almost seems like an afterthought...
There is a fan. It is an actual radiator fan designed to be exposed to the elements -- not some computer fan. The electronics measures fan current draw and warns you if there is some problem with the fan. During charging the coolant pump and fan is controlled to bring the coolant temperature and motor copper temperature to ambient so that you start the "run" with a cool motor and cool coolant. If that sounds like an afterthought so be it.

bearorso

It's a logical / practical placement of a radiator.

Using the space vacated by (the vast majority of) ICE dirt bike airboxes.

It's a far cleaner, less damage prone area for a radiator than the now standard fitment of radiators, on either side of the frame, very exposed to damage and dirt of all types - wet or dry.

With a well designed rear guard system, and well designed air ingress and egress set up, and a high quality fan, that size radiator will handle the heat exchange required, while being far better protected from the 'dust' that people seem to be worrying about.

As for the Swede in a Turtle Neck - I'm unsure of any Engineering qualifications he has, but from what I've learned of him, he's a Very successful Motorcycle Market entrepreneur / Businessman. So, he may well be 'just an ideas, vision and money man', but he's got just that : ideas, vision and money. Lets hope he's picked the right Engineering Team. We'll find out a lot more next week, I think June 10, when the embargo on testing news is lifted.

Number Six

I'm new to E-bikes & just this side of clueless, but wasn't one of the warts of the Alta an overheating issue ?
So here's a manufacturer thats addressing that very problem during initial design & some want to dismiss it for various reasons ?
Surely I'm missing something pertinent to that discussion ? ... either that, or these E-bikes emanate some sort of magnetic field that siphons off logic & reason from their owners.
If such is the case - gonna have to rethink ownership of one of these electro-alzhiemers-inducing machines as I'm getting dumber every year without any outside help.

bayodome

There is a fan. It is an actual radiator fan designed to be exposed to the elements -- not some computer fan. The electronics measures fan current draw and warns you if there is some problem with the fan. During charging the coolant pump and fan is controlled to bring the coolant temperature and motor copper temperature to ambient so that you start the "run" with a cool motor and cool coolant. If that sounds like an afterthought so be it.
Sounds like you may have had something to do with designing or implementing that component :unsure: Any other insights you can impart to inquiring minds? Was it a balance or space issue to run the radiator in the back rather than the front? Does it cool only the motor, or also the controller? In an overheating incident, what happens? Does controller shut the motor down? Limit its power output??