Wattage of rear lighting circuit?

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!

Jared

revoltlution has an EX or EXR (not an MXR) because he is talking about rear light circuit and front headlight (not aux light) circuits. The headlight circuit is designed to constantly power a 35w filament, but usually these circuits are capable of powering up to a 55w filament. The EX and EXR bikes have the aux light circuit like the MXR but it is used to power an automotive 194 type bulb that is mounted in the same enclosure as the headlight.

VINSANITY

I have installed the squadron sport on an EXR and it works. When I tried the squadron pro it flashed and then went off - must be some programming limiting the power output. Also Baja Designs sells a 3 prong adapter that allows you to plug into the Alta wiring harness with no modifications

revoltlution

I have installed the squadron sport on an EXR and it works. When I tried the squadron pro it flashed and then went off - must be some programming limiting the power output. Also Baja Designs sells a 3 prong adapter that allows you to plug into the Alta wiring harness with no modifications
Thanks for this info! I have the squadron pro coming in the mail. Looks like I need to change direction and order up the sport (and the connector kit) :)

revoltlution

[QUOTE="VINSANITY, post: 17806, member: 324"Also Baja Designs sells a 3 prong adapter that allows you to plug into the Alta wiring harness with no modifications[/QUOTE]
You have a link you could share?

revoltlution

I think you are right. I changed direction last minute, moving away from squadron pro (40W) to the new squadron sport (26W). I don't want to dick around, just want to get it working. Still the lumens compared to stock are rediculous.