WGDN9500DF 50 amp question

pingber

I’m hoping someone has a solution to this poor design issue. I bought a 9500 DF and a 50A cable. Problem is the cable is VERY hard to plug into the gen because the receptacle is over the wheel. That means the male plug can’t lie flat due to the thickness of the cable that is over the wheel due to the right angle plug pointing down to the wheel. . I could remove the wheel each time I use it, but that seems ridiculous. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of short 50A male/female adapter that I can leave plugged into the gen and then plug the cable into that when needed?

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I’ve heard that issue crop up from other owners. I sort of bypassed issue by never mounting the stock wheels. I mounted the generator on some 10” pneumatic casters, so there is nothing to interfere. It look weird, but it is easy to move around.

Also, I don’t know if it would fit any better, but I did get this splitter below that splits the 50amp plug into two 30amp plugs. The cables are a little thinner.

I also have the short 50 amp extender below that wasn’t too expensive. That might work.

1661438608429.jpeg
1661438859423.jpeg

1661439252217.jpeg

Top Bottom