Yamaha 2000w generator/inverter

NorCal_Hoss

I have been riding my stark around my single track on my property, planning on riding a few tracks and know my buddies are going to want to try it out. I have a honda 7000w inverter, it is a big generator that I can't lift and put in my truck, I do have a yamaha 2000w generator/inverter, the bike is fully charged right now so can't test it to see if it works or not, can anyone confirm this small generator will work? The few times I rode it and had to charge it, I used my 110 in the garage and tripped the breaker a few times but it did end up charging, it took like 4-5 hours and the charging stand was very hot. At home, I will charge with the honda 7000w but just wondering if the smaller 2000w yamaha will charge the bike at the track.
Thank you

Erwin P

Put the Stark in under 2000W charging and it will work.

I have a 4000W generator and sometimes i have to use other power consumers parallel to the Stark. Then i just optimise the Stark. Generator power - other load - 200W safety = charging mode on the Stark.

So in your situation i would charge the Stark at 1800W.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You can only charge from 110V from this Yamaha 2000 generator, so it will be slower. Yes, it will take about 5 hours from empty. If you are not in a hurry then it will work just fine.

Put the charger on the max charging current, and it will still be around 1700W, not 2000W+. It should be okay.

NorCal_Hoss

You can only charge from 110V from this Yamaha 2000 generator, so it will be slower. Yes, it will take about 5 hours from empty. If you are not in a hurry then it will work just fine.

Put the charger on the max charging current, and it will still be around 1700W, not 2000W+. It should be okay.
Philip,
When you say put the "charger" on max current, is that within the phone? I think mine says 6 amp right now. Put the highest charging current for the 2000w yamaha?
What amp should I have it on when charging in my garage with 110? And if I bring the honda 7000w out, would I change it again ? Sorry bud I don't know much about this stuff :)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Philip,
When you say put the "charger" on max current, is that within the phone? I think mine says 6 amp right now. Put the highest charging current for the 2000w yamaha?
What amp should I have it on when charging in my garage with 110? And if I bring the honda 7000w out, would I change it again ? Sorry bud I don't know much about this stuff :)
Yes, your phone tells the Varg charger what current to send to the bike. Just keep it on the highest setting, unless you start stalling generators or popping circuit breakers.

Regular US household outlets are designed for 15A x 110V = 1,650 W. The Varg charger should not be consuming any more than that in the 110V mode. Maybe my 1,700W number was an overestimation, I went by memory. Either way, this is still way below 2,000 W nominal rating for that Yamaha generator. The continuous rating may be lower, but this is a Yamaha, I think it will keep up.