Yamaha TY-E Trials

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
  • Power unit further refined through a combination of mechanical parts and electronic control
Based on the previous model, traction has been improved by pairing mechanical parts such as the clutch and flywheel with carefully tuned electronic control for the motor that is capable of reading subtle changes in grip.

Trialsman

That looks really good with the LI high cap battery, carbon frame, and clutch. Around 70kg is going to be under 160lbs

snydes

Staff member
This bike was initially introduced years ago to the European market. Not sure though if it ever made it to production. We had lots of discussion on the clutch. Can’t imagine how you could get around not having one on a trials bike but I’m sure at some point they will figure it out.

gprix1

I am really intrigued that Yamaha decided to add a mechanical clutch to their new trials bike.

So... the clutch is not yet dead!
For rough, rocky offroad climbs, I always wished my Alta had a clutch so I could smooth out the the torque a bit and zap up things a bit easier. Makes total sense on a trials bike.

This bike was initially introduced years ago to the European market. Not sure though if it ever made it to production. We had lots of discussion on the clutch. Can’t imagine how you could get around not having one on a trials bike but I’m sure at some point they will figure it out.
They bring over 2 Bikes just for testing and introducing bud was never for sale.

Top Bottom