13,000 Stark Varg's now on order for delivery in 2023

AL_V

I didn’t word my question very well. I meant how long do they get to back out of buying the bike they put the deposit down on altogether? I would assume up until you actually pay for the bike. It’ll just be interesting to see if people start backing out when they realize they will not be getting 6hrs of ride time on the trails or all day at a track. It’s only an 11% improvement over the Alta in energy capacity. There’s still yet to be any evidence that it can handle 35min on track with even an ex pro on it. All the media guys were limited to 4 laps at a time.

The Terms from StarkFuture:

DEPOSIT​

Reservation of a Stark Future Product

When indicated in our Platform for a specific Product and depending on the Stark Future Product and country of delivery, we may offer you the option to make a non-refundable reservation of a Product. This means that you will be able to pay a deposit in order to make a reservation of one of our Products and secure the order, paying the full amount at a later stage and, in any case, before delivery.

The deposit amount is indicated in the order process and it will depend on each specific purchase.

No later than two weeks before delivery, you will receive an email from Stark Future, indicating the details to make the bank transfer of the residual amount and the sending of the proof of payment. If you do not proceed to payment in the next 48 hours after receiving our email, your order will be cancelled.

RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL​

Customized products: Bikes​

Stark Future will not accept any returns or cancellations nor issue refunds for deposit payments or purchases of any customized product.
In the case of a deposit payment, if the customer wants to cancel the order the deposit payment will not be refunded, unless the order is cancelled within the first 14 days of the purchase.

UKLee

Why "residual amount" why not outstanding amount on the invoice? is there a differance? this does not help.......Residual Amount means for any Weekly Allocation Date with respect to any Quarterly Collection Period the amount, if any, by which the amount allocated to the Collection Account on such Weekly Allocation Date exceeds the sum of the amounts to be paid and/or allocated on such Weekly Allocation Date pursuant to priorities (i) through (xxviii) of the Priority of Payments.

Besides not a chance am I sending £11,000 to some new set up who make loads of big promises with very little evidence to back it up and duck out of answering questions, in the hope it shows up.

If the bike arrives at a local dealer I go and see it then make the payment outstanding on the invoice and take it away with me then maybe but only after seeing other genuinely independent customers get theres and are happy with them. When I ordered the bike I was to get mine about 3 to 4 months after the first customers got theres which would be enough time to see if it is a total dog or not but from what I can see now I am amongst the first to get the bike.
I have no interest in shouting about the fact I am one of the first owners of some new bike, I just want to quietly;)purchase my new bike safe in the knowlage the bike is not going to fall apart around me or cut out after a 10 minute hard riding session which the Press day massively failed to do.

testus191

Why "residual amount" why not outstanding amount on the invoice? is there a differance? this does not help.......Residual Amount means for any Weekly Allocation Date with respect to any Quarterly Collection Period the amount, if any, by which the amount allocated to the Collection Account on such Weekly Allocation Date exceeds the sum of the amounts to be paid and/or allocated on such Weekly Allocation Date pursuant to priorities (i) through (xxviii) of the Priority of Payments.

Besides not a chance am I sending £11,000 to some new set up who make loads of big promises with very little evidence to back it up and duck out of answering questions, in the hope it shows up.

If the bike arrives at a local dealer I go and see it then make the payment outstanding on the invoice and take it away with me then maybe but only after seeing other genuinely independent customers get theres and are happy with them. When I ordered the bike I was to get mine about 3 to 4 months after the first customers got theres which would be enough time to see if it is a total dog or not but from what I can see now I am amongst the first to get the bike.
I have no interest in shouting about the fact I am one of the first owners of some new bike, I just want to quietly;)purchase my new bike safe in the knowlage the bike is not going to fall apart around me or cut out after a 10 minute hard riding session which the Press day massively failed to do.
I doubt there will be too many quality issues and unless you’re truly fast (pro/ex-pro/very fast expert class, etc) I doubt you’ll have any thermal limiting issues, but if you’re expecting to race a harescramble, ride +30mi of typical singletrack, or ride at the track all day without having recharge, not going to happen. If you have a backyard track/trails where noise is an issue, will be charging off a generator between motos and just like the novelty or performance of electric (and won’t be in hot ambient temps), or don’t ride more than 25mi or so, you should have a fun and reliable bike.

Johnny Depp

Reached out to Larry with Stark to invite them to a race I am planning at Spoaks Motopark 12/4/22. A hybrid GP with 6 motos of 16.5 miles each, on the hour (25 minute lap times) with a $5k purse, including 4 tracks and trails.

Too soon for them, but he disclosed some timelines:

His demo by the end of the year

Dealer demos Q1 2023

Customer bikes to dealers mid 2023

AL_V

Reached out to Larry with Stark to invite them to a race I am planning at Spoaks Motopark 12/4/22. A hybrid GP with 6 motos of 16.5 miles each, on the hour (25 minute lap times) with a $5k purse, including 4 tracks and trails.

Too soon for them, but he disclosed some timelines:

His demo by the end of the year

Dealer demos Q1 2023

Customer bikes to dealers mid 2023
My delivery is still showing Jan2023, are you saying that will slip to mid 2023, or just the dealers?

Johnny Depp

My delivery is still showing Jan2023, are you saying that will slip to mid 2023, or just the dealers?
I don't know how it affects current delivery estimates, I was curious about Brian's unit #1 delivery date. Based on what he said, I interpret it to mean customer bikes after dealer demo's?

Travelingmike

Exciting times. Initial pre orders first up. Dealers will not get bikes till next summer. I will trust Tortelli and Hill, they seem to be straight shooters. Overwhelming great reviews- only question is ride time- which you would trust Tortelli with. If it is a minimum 10% improvement over the Alta-great. I think it will be more with weight and efficiency improved. Most of us understand the bikes limitations and that it is an improvement over the Alta- which some of us missed out on. Looking forward to putting it to the test and will post- December 24 delivery date this year after a single delay. If they need more time , I for one am fine with that, ”production hell “- any new product will face. Maybe they will get some 4680 cells 😆. The premium connectivity cost is a question I have, my Tesla is 10$ a month for a car I drive 5 days a week vs a dirt bike I will ride 1-2 days a week.

synics

Apparently Tesla is working on a full size dirt bike as well, with Map 1 being the equivalent of the Alta's Map 4. There is even an existing prototype. Will probably start hearing things about it next year.

Smerwin43

Apparently Tesla is working on a full size dirt bike as well, with Map 1 being the equivalent of the Alta's Map 4. There is even an existing prototype. Will probably start hearing things about it next year.
Would love to hear more on this, keep us updated if you hear anything else. :)

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I'm curious how many deposit holders back out due to the looming recession & all that trickles down too...

B. FRANK

Take a look at the TKO thread. You'll see that the Electric Motion Escape took 1st and 3rd in the eMoto class. Here is the website:
2022 Models — Electric Motion USA
In fact I'm thinking of selling my MXR next year and downsize to the Escape. The Alta is way more bike than what I need.
first off...don't sell your bike, you will miss it. secondly NOTHING throws you to the ground harder or faster than a trials bike and they are very uncomfortable. finally sold my gasgas txt300pro, still hurts to walk when it rains! also just red that Polaris and zero are working together...electric quads? and that can am is planning to re enter the dirt bike market...parent company brp holds all the alta tech, things may happen quicker than you think, I hope.

AL_V

first off...don't sell your bike, you will miss it. secondly NOTHING throws you to the ground harder or faster than a trials bike and they are very uncomfortable. finally sold my gasgas txt300pro, still hurts to walk when it rains! also just red that Polaris and zero are working together...electric quads? and that can am is planning to re enter the dirt bike market...parent company brp holds all the alta tech, things may happen quicker than you think, I hope.
Electric Motion Escape is not a trials bike. Epure is their trials model.

testus191

Electric Motion Escape is not a trials bike. Epure is their trials model.
It is a trials bike for all intents and purposes. That's like saying the GG Contact isn't a trials bike. A seat and more range do not make it something other than a trials bike. A long range trials bike I guess you could call it, but geo, suspension, handling, etc... it's still a trials bike.

B. FRANK

originally there was English trials and Scottish trials. English trials all happened in a certain area and is now called observed trials, Scottish trials combined enduro and English trials ie. compete in a trials section and then ride many miles to the next trials section. I don't know wether the in-between part was a race or time keeping event. I haven't heard of Scottish trials in decades but that is what these long ride trials bikes are based on. who knows somewhere in the world Scottish trials may still exist as enduro trials or unobserved trials.

UKLee

originally there was English trials and Scottish trials. English trials all happened in a certain area and is now called observed trials, Scottish trials combined enduro and English trials ie. compete in a trials section and then ride many miles to the next trials section. I don't know wether the in-between part was a race or time keeping event. I haven't heard of Scottish trials in decades but that is what these long ride trials bikes are based on. who knows somewhere in the world Scottish trials may still exist as enduro trials or unobserved trials.
Ha Ha don't think that is quite right but can understand why you would think that, the Scottish six days trial and I believe the Scott trial are both long distance trials both have long distance between observed sections but there are other long distance trials also....some in england;) I think there is one in the Peak District near to me.
My eldest son does a lot of trials and recently my younger twins have started to do a bit we tried an E pure not long ago but decided a normal Gas Gas petrol (gas I believe you call it!) bike would do for now, by chance this bike came with a bigger fuel tank for long distance trials.
1665541434035.png1665541434035.png

B. FRANK

I never really bonded with my trials bike. really uncomfortable for my 6,3" frame and at almost twice the weight of the bike we weren't going to be great together. I tried, I can ride a unicycle and wheelie most bikes pretty well and I could do some cool stuff on it but in the end I just didn't ride it enough. the last time I rode it, I hadn't in a while, it didn't want to start and after bruising my foot kicking,I decided to bump start it down my driveway. bad move!! 4th gear bump, bounce on the pegs hard(no seat) and dump the clutch,I basically did a splatter with nothing to splatter against. my fault the bike did exactly what it was supposed to do in that situation, I just didn't realize it until I was upside down and pretty high off the ground. my un helmeted head slammed my driveway before I could get the full word out "FUH" but in that split second before impact I realized that we should part ways. I remain in awe of anyone who can ride trials and believe that Toni bou is not of this earth.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I never really bonded with my trials bike. really uncomfortable for my 6,3" frame and at almost twice the weight of the bike we weren't going to be great together. I tried, I can ride a unicycle and wheelie most bikes pretty well and I could do some cool stuff on it but in the end I just didn't ride it enough. the last time I rode it, I hadn't in a while, it didn't want to start and after bruising my foot kicking,I decided to bump start it down my driveway. bad move!! 4th gear bump, bounce on the pegs hard(no seat) and dump the clutch,I basically did a splatter with nothing to splatter against. my fault the bike did exactly what it was supposed to do in that situation, I just didn't realize it until I was upside down and pretty high off the ground. my un helmeted head slammed my driveway before I could get the full word out "FUH" but in that split second before impact I realized that we should part ways. I remain in awe of anyone who can ride trials and believe that Toni bou is not of this earth.
Great story & Agee about Toni

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
1665677291776.jpeg