13,000 Stark Varg's now on order for delivery in 2023

Johnny Depp

Picked up from Vital this morning, from Zoom who is Larry Hughes, the dealer rep.

13,000 Stark VARG's from Spain on order globally right now, slated for delivery in 2023.

enjoythesilenc

What size manufacturing facility do they have, labor force, raw materials etc? 5.2 million cells available? I don't have a good grasp of the actual scale of this but this seems huge. I wonder how many bikes have been manufactured en toto by some of the established yet niche european manufacturers of yore. Beta, Montesa, Husaberg, Sherco, Ossa. Whats the numbers of japanese motocrossers sold in a given year?

Johnny Depp

What size manufacturing facility do they have, labor force, raw materials etc? 5.2 million cells available? I don't have a good grasp of the actual scale of this but this seems huge. I wonder how many bikes have been manufactured en toto by some of the established yet niche european manufacturers of yore. Beta, Montesa, Husaberg, Sherco, Ossa. Whats the numbers of japanese motocrossers sold in a given year?
There is a video showing automated battery assembly. Beta sells about 18k per year IIRC. They posted this information taking into account all factors, they believe they can do it by next year. I'd expect a big drop in volume after year 1, but they have different models in the pipeline too.

wfopete

Were are closing in on the 4th quarter of the year. With some deliveries slated for the end of this year. Heck, it is probably a 6 week timeframe to get a container loaded, shipped to the U.S.A., go through customs and in the buyers hands. By now everything should be finalized and production lines moving but Stark has been pretty silent on the subject.

At this point, all it takes is one hiccup and the dates will get pushed back again.

testus191

$1.3M in deposits. :)
That'll cover the first 10% of the cells needed... maybe

How long do people have to back out of their $100 deposit? It'll be interesting to see what happens after the first few batches of production bikes are released. My guess is that unfortunately, there are going to be a lot of people unhappy with range/ride time and a lot of negative "reviews", time will tell.

UKLee

I was told today no one will get there bikes this year, only some dealers will get demo bikes.
Also ktm have some big announcement in November.......

UKLee

Where is this info coming from?
A UK Stark/ ktm dealer, not saying I believe it but that is what I was told.
I was also told by an E pure salesman that stark had asked E pure for help with problems they have, that stinks of desperation to sell me an E pure.
Who knows what is going on ask your local dealer see what they say.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
A UK Stark/ ktm dealer, not saying I believe it but that is what I was told.
I was also told by an E pure salesman that stark had asked E pure for help with problems they have, that stinks of desperation to sell me an E pure.
Who knows what is going on ask your local dealer see what they say.
I might want to buy an E pure too, I might need it, I just have no idea what that is, LOL! And Google is of no help.

UKLee

I might want to buy an E pure too, I might need it, I just have no idea what that is, LOL! And Google is of no help.
Sorry Electric Motion Epure which is a trials bike or the escape with a seat, much like a freeride e-xc, nothing like in the same preformance league the stark is ment to be but available now.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Take a look at the TKO thread. You'll see that the Electric Motion Escape took 1st and 3rd in the eMoto class. Here is the website:
2022 Models — Electric Motion USA
In fact I'm thinking of selling my MXR next year and downsize to the Escape. The Alta is way more bike than what I need.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at the TKO thread. You'll see that the Electric Motion Escape took 1st and 3rd in the eMoto class. Here is the website:
2022 Models — Electric Motion USA
In fact I'm thinking of selling my MXR next year and downsize to the Escape. The Alta is way more bike than what I need.
Yes, I have noticed, and I have checked their website already. I like their tech. They are purpose built trials bikes with a "TKO" crawl mode and with a real clutch that so many Enduro guys want.

I am surprised @Oded doesn't own an Escape R yet. Or does he???

Oded

I am also surprised that I don't own one :)
They are not being sold in Israel yet. However, I see a EM Escape in my future ( and also in yours, Philip).

AL_V

That'll cover the first 10% of the cells needed... maybe

How long do people have to back out of their $100 deposit? It'll be interesting to see what happens after the first few batches of production bikes are released. My guess is that unfortunately, there are going to be a lot of people unhappy with range/ride time and a lot of negative "reviews", time will tell.
Sorry, the $100 deposit is non-refundable. My guess is that early reservation holders will be able to easily sell their bikes to anxious buyers who don't want to wait...

enjoythesilenc

Also ktm have some big announcement in November.......
Perhaps more smoke from the same fire? Whats the word, johnnydepp?

enjoythesilenc

I was referring to he guy who replied "I can't say too much but..." teasing that there was more than minis on the horizon.

How many ktm dealers do we have here? Just hoping we are the first to know if something in in the works. It would be great if we could choose between stark, ktm, hero, can am etc etc.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, reading more into this, KTM "secretly" told all their dealers that they may have a full-size dirt bike in 3 years. I am sure Suzuki won't beat them to it. But Yamaha, Kawasaki, and even Honda just might. By that time Stark will be one of the "Big 7".. if Suzuki is still around.

Kudos to Stark for making them all afraid. Fun times are coming regardless!

testus191

Sorry, the $100 deposit is non-refundable. My guess is that early reservation holders will be able to easily sell their bikes to anxious buyers who don't want to wait...
I didn’t word my question very well. I meant how long do they get to back out of buying the bike they put the deposit down on altogether? I would assume up until you actually pay for the bike. It’ll just be interesting to see if people start backing out when they realize they will not be getting 6hrs of ride time on the trails or all day at a track. It’s only an 11% improvement over the Alta in energy capacity. There’s still yet to be any evidence that it can handle 35min on track with even an ex pro on it. All the media guys were limited to 4 laps at a time.