2 seemingly stupid questions

B. FRANK

1) are headlight, taillight and turn signals 12 volt? can I use 12 volt replacement items in the event I break something?

2) I lost a drag race to my friend on a crf450 because I can't come out of the hole in map 4 on the street without wheelieing ( no clutch to slip). would it damage anything if I were to launch in map 2 or 3 and switch to map 4 at appx 25 mph? I know I can take him if I could launch better. I hate losing!!!!

Bodie_Z

1) All of the lights run on 12V, but not all 12V lights will work. The bike looks for a certain amount of current when it first turns on, and if it doesnt match what it expects to see, then it cuts all power to that light until you do a key cycle.

2) Yes! You can change maps whenever you like, at whatever throttle, SOC, speed, ect. You will feel a shift in power output for a given throttle position though. I recommend holding the throttle steady on long stretch and clicking through the maps to get used to the changes.

wwmotors

I won a holeshot in race by sitting in front of the seat, my stomach touched the handlebar and my chin nearly the front fender! Then it does no wheely anymore, even in map 4!!!☺😆