For Sale 2018 SM near SF CA

useless

Hello!

I've owned this bike since July 2020. I've had a few other motorcycles, but am first and foremost a cyclist, and have repeatedly learned that my cycling skills don't fully transfer to motorcycles... especially such a powerful and tempting one! I high-sided pretty badly in 2020 and have been riding the Alta only occaisionally since then. I used to use it to commute from SF to Oakland over the bridge but have since changed jobs.

After my crash I did a few safety improvements to the bike which are listed below. I also had to get new bars, master cylinder, front lever, and axle nut (the only damaged part of the bike other than slight scrapes on some plastics and the throttle tube). The improvements do help the bike feel a bit more stable, but I still think a wiser version of myself would sell it and stick with cycling... so here I am.

Here's more details about the bike and extras that come with it:

-New Pirelli Diablo Rosso III installed by SF moto (soooo much more grippy than the previous tires)
-Fork re-valved by Super Plush Suspension in SF, to make it slightly softer (details can be provided)
-Ohlins 2.1 steering damper. I installed this and it has helped the bike feel less twitchy at high speed-- these are quite hard to find these days because it's discontinued by Ohlins. I can tell you more details about the install. It's very similar to an install done by another forum member (thanks!).
-SMOKN left hand rear brake kit. This allows the rear brake to be actuated either by the lever or original foot pedal.
-Baja Designs Squadron Sport LED headlight with dimmer (super bright LED headlight, I made a custom mount and shade to not blind drivers with the top part of the beam. The original halogen is little more than a night-light, but I still have it if you want it).
-Doubletake mirrors-- a bit ugly, but very useful and easy to adjust!
-Previous owner installed a slim rear LED light setup-- I forget what it's called, but I have two spare ones (three total). I do not have the original rear lights or license plate holder.
-Set of dirt wheels from Ebay (the wholesaler that bought all the old Alta stuff). I have never used them... new tires, tubes, sprockets (both 50 and 53 tooth) and big rotor so I can use the same brakes for the dirt wheels. I have the right spacers as well for the front fork.
-Bigger front fender for the dirt wheel (apparently the one Alta used, I think a Honda CRF450?)
-New bearings, seals, for front and rear wheels
-Beefy Abus caliper lock. Even with this I never left it outside in SF for more than an hour or so during the day... never at night!

There are a few other things but that's all I can think of now.

The motorcycle performs great-- I've made it 43 miles from SF to Palo Alto by staying below 50mph. It gets up to 80mph real quick. As I mentioned earlier-- it's a bit too fun for me! Registration is current, title is clean and in my name.

Please look at the pictures. I want to include everything in the sale. Reach out here or by direct message if you have additional questions.

If you're interested let me know and make an offer. I would like to get at least $10.5k for the whole package. The bike is currently in Los Altos, but I can deliver it within reason for a little extra.

Thank you!

Eric

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

useless

Nice. Bicycles scare me. Actually, the cars. SUVs. Actually, the drivers. Be careful spandex man. Or stick to mtn bikes.

That is a pretty nice set up.
Cars, SUV’s, trucks, clueless drivers, they all scare me too… but at least on a bike I know how to not hurt myself :cool:

Gave up on spandex a few years ago. The discomfort of tight weird clothing isn’t worth the 0.05% efficiency bonus…

Reeds79

Hi buddy, can you PM me you phone number. I tried to buy this when I was up in SF a while back but missed out on it-think you beat me to it. Thanks man
Scott

useless

Still available! I got an offer for $8k, but would like to get closer to $10k and am not in a big rush.

I made a craigslist post here: CL ad

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to send you a video or additional pics.

Top Bottom