360 Video of a lap at one of my local practice tracks

snydes

Staff member
Here is a 360 video of a lap at one of my local tracks today. Not all browsers support these videos yet, so if it looks like a bad acid trip it's not displaying right and you might have to try a different browser.

Sorry, video is pretty dark and I have to try and do something about the wind noise with this camera. The bike doesn't make enough noise to drown it out so it's all you hear. I'm still trying to figure this thing out.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!!! You look like a pro motocrosser!

The camera must be using complex algorithms to combine all the views. The frame rate makes the smooth flowing landscape views pretty smooth, but the movements of other riders are a bit unnatural, exactly like in a video game! I first noticed it this weekend in the Budd's Creek Garmin 360 video of the 450 class start. Your video looks just like theirs!

My laptop's browser froze after 10 seconds, but my smartphone worked just fine.

leeo45

Geezer in denial
That is really cool and a great video. If you watch "actively" with the mouse cursor you can actually look through the corners as if riding. No problems with the entire video on my MacBook. Thanks for posting the video and for taking the time to make this.

Also it is strange that YouTube shows No Views, yet I have watched it twice on the YouTube site (i.e. not imbedded here).

snydes

Staff member
Thanks guys. The 360 video makes for a much more interesting experience IMO. I’ve taken regular video before with my GoPro and it always seemed rather boring to me when I reviewed it.