Accessories available at MotoMinded

MotoMinded

Kurlon

Adjustable backtorque via 'clutch' lever mapped to a target speed approx 1/3rd the front wheel would be killer...

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that dash is impossible to read in the bright daylight. This is a great add-on for the street riders among us.

For MX I really would like to be able to see my map. But the map digit is so small, I have to lean over to see it, and I can only see it if I am on a smooth road, which never happens on dirt. Does anyone know of any high-powered stick-on magnifying lenses that would make that digit look bigger, like these lenses do?

1527139620413.png

Fod

Yeah if you are interested to know which map your in, its probably best to pull over. BUT, if you want to make sure your in a certain map, luckily there are only 4 maps! Want map 1 or map 4, just hit the arrow up or down a bunch. If you want map 2 or map 3, just hit arrow a bunch to get to 1 or 4 (Which ever is closer) and hit opposite arrow one time! Easier then glancing down. I assume Philip will be constantly hitting the (y)(y)(y)(y)

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah if you are interested to know which map your in, its probably best to pull over. BUT, if you want to make sure your in a certain map, luckily there are only 4 maps! Want map 1 or map 4, just hit the arrow up or down a bunch. If you want map 2 or map 3, just hit arrow a bunch to get to 1 or 4 (Which ever is closer) and hit opposite arrow one time! Easier then glancing down. I assume Philip will be constantly hitting the (y)(y)(y)(y)
It will be like shifting gears: all the way down and then one up. Or all the way up and one down.

Except, when it is bumpy, you never know for sure how many times you pressed.

Fog 25

You guys crack me up all you need to do is leave it in maps 4 and learn to control it with your right hand 🤚😂
Go out and practice in each map you can learn the feel of each map and that way you know which map you are in.
It’s a lot like asking which gear you on in on a gas bike?

Fod

You guys crack me up all you need to do is leave it in maps 4 and learn to control it with your right hand 🤚😂
Go out and practice in each map you can learn the feel of each map and that way you know which map you are in.
Hey now...we aren't all blessed with your skill! See you at the track today!

MotoMinded

I was thinking the same on treating it like a shifter. You know quick on a gas bike if you are trying to come out of a corner on 5th. Same concept here.

WoodsWeapon

Moto guys on pristine groomed tracks crack me up. In map 4 that harescramble that I went 1hr 20min in would have been significantly reduced.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, what Fod said. Some of us can go faster on a slower bike.

Fog 25

My hole point was to learn the feel of each map just like what each gear feels like on a gas bike. Has nothing to do with how fast one goes. Once you get the feeling in your seat (ass) you will know what map you are in.

Fog 25

I know when I’m in 1 or 4 but 2 and 3 aren’t as immediately obvious for me.
Map 3 has a little more wheel spin, quicker off the bottom and you can get a nicer Wheelie out of the bike. You are right that maps 2&3 at top speed is harder to tell.

Fod

Fog did something fun and interesting today in the pits. He started in map one and held the throttle steady at a constant speed ~20mph. Without any more throttle he clicked up on the maps and it accelerated as if he was twisting the throttle! It's a new left hand thumb throttle! :ricky:

Fod

Moto Minded,
I would like a key eliminater which uses push button or a toggle switch! Am I the only one who thinks a key on the mx and mxr bikes are silly?!?! Also even though it took a couple minutes to cut a phone screen protector, pre cut ones would be cool. I also was scared too much sun would ruin the screen, so fog made us some awesome Velcro head unit covers. Tested it in my pickup a highway speeds! When I get a chance I'll take a photo, but it's real nice and shades the screen when the bike is exposed to sun!