Adding front light without cutting into power

Redbull

An idea might be for now to use a Polisport Lookos EVO. It uses a solar panel to keep battery charged which if you didn't use light during day seems like a good option. It also seems like it would not be using as much power as a bolted on KTM light once someone does figure out how to get into the bike power. Done right (note I am not an electrician), how far off is the idea that it remains powered by the solar with a bypass feed when the light's battery gets too low? It uses two 5 watt 12V lights.

polisport_lookos_solar_headlight_750x750.jpg
71rWZhs7IJL._AC_SL1500_.jpgPolisport Lookos Evo Solar Headlight System | 39% ($106.66) Off! - RevZilla81RWlBXupKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Volts x Amps = Watts
So 12 V x 10W requires 0.833 Ahrs
An antigravity 12 Volt should give you sufficient night light but you will need to put on a charger each night. Something like a 5 Ahr cordless drill battery will give about 8 hrs and can be charged easily and carry a spare in a backpack.

blbills

An idea might be for now to use a Polisport Lookos EVO. It uses a solar panel to keep battery charged which if you didn't use light during day seems like a good option. It also seems like it would not be using as much power as a bolted on KTM light once someone does figure out how to get into the bike power. Done right (note I am not an electrician), how far off is the idea that it remains powered by the solar with a bypass feed when the light's battery gets too low? It uses two 5 watt 12V lights.

View attachment 10763
View attachment 10764Polisport Lookos Evo Solar Headlight System | 39% ($106.66) Off! - RevZillaView attachment 10765
This was installed on a Varg I rented from the dealer. I wasn't impressed. I like the idea of not tapping into the bike wire harness but this one only worked intermittently and was not bright enough.