AJ Catanzaro

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@Philip - What did AJ think of your suspension setup? Did he have any comments? (Other than "I love this bike!")
AJ didn't comment about my suspension, and I didn't ask. He rides students' bikes all the time and performs precise jumps and turns with no apparent issues, and usually does not comment about bikes, unless something weird comes up, like my " high bars" (which I this is actually low pegs). A good suspension for one rider could be very different from a good suspension for another rider. I think he would have to watch someone ride the entire track before commenting.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike most other racers in the industry, AJ is a huge fan of electric bikes. He also doesn't hesitate to say that in his videos. Maybe he is planning a hostile takeover of BRP, so that new Alta Redshifts are built and sold again! :cool:

Mark911

Looks like the same track (only greener) where he rode the Alta in the other videos. It's a really tight, short, jumpy track. The kind of track that doesn't put a big load on the battery pack so it'll go quite a few laps without thermal limiting. However, I'm pretty sure when AJ puts the bike on a larger/faster track he's going to have issues with the little yellow light. So far he hasn't mentioned track time of thermal limiting which is a bit strange coming from someone as fast as he is.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
However, I'm pretty sure when AJ puts the bike on a larger/faster track he's going to have issues with the little yellow light. So far he hasn't mentioned track time of thermal limiting which is a bit strange coming from someone as fast as he is.
Tomac and Ferrandis abuse the bike's power, but AJ's heroes Roczen and the Lawrence brothers do not. I think AJ is quite light on the bike and easy on the throttle.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Looks like AJ finally took the Alta to a real track and hunted some ICE bikes. On the downside, he also finally got to experience thermal limiting. On the plus side, the horn is still hilarious every time I hear it, especially while flying over a huge jump.

PS, has anyone installed the horn switch and horn on an MXR?

JW884

Yes, but it was part of the complete lighting conversion I did. I don’t believe it would be possible to power it from the bike otherwise.
Sadly I don't believe it is :( I had tried it at one point. Had it hooked up to a 9v for a long time but the battery and horn kept falling off :ROFLMAO: need a better mounting situation.

snydes

Staff member
That particular track was the very first place I rode my MXR after buying it new. I would have guessed someone on his level would have got into blinky mode after 20 minutes on a track like that, he got a whole 24.

Matt

E-Rider
AJ says a video is going live at 6pm tonight that he is really hyped for. It will be "Alta on Supercross and motocross track at Club Mx. Just raw clips, some huge jumps, crashes." Be on the lookout it should be a good one🤘