Alta supplied tools?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Did the dealer provide any tools when you guys took delivery of your bikes? I got two keys.

rayivers

the spoke wrench only works for the front wheel

I just tried mine - the 6.5 front seems to be tapered, and only goes on my spokes one way (wrench head hooks to the right) and is real tight; some of the front nipples look slightly deformed. The 6.8 rear goes on the rear nipples either way, easily.

snydes

Staff member
I just tried mine - the 6.5 front seems to be tapered, and only goes on my spokes one way (wrench head hooks to the right) and is real tight; some of the front nipples look slightly deformed. The 6.8 rear goes on the rear nipples either way, easily.

I’ll revisit this again when I get home and see what’s going on.

snydes

Staff member
If memory serves me (which sometimes it has let me down :() the opening on the wrench wasn’t wide enough to go over the spoke itself. I’ll check again when I get home.

snydes

Staff member
IIRC, the spoke wrench appeared tight, and even incorrect size, but eventually it worked for me too.

Apparently I have two abnormalities.
1. Front and rear spoke nipples are the same wrench size
2. The opening of the 6.8 wrench end would not go over the rear spokes (spoke measured about .003” bigger than my wrench opening).

A little touch with a grinder fixed that. Before it was easier to reach for another wrench than figure out exactly what the problem was. 6.5 end works on my other bikes at least...:sneaky:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, Alta supplied tools... I was just thinking about them yesterday. Does anyone know what this 17mm socket is for, and why is it so special that it needed to be included in the tool kit?

1533875070727.png