ALTAnalyser - tool to display bike data - interessted?

querlenker

Hello,

i am able to read some of the bike data out and asking myself if there is demand for a tool you plug into the service connector and your windows computer to display the following:

- Errors
- Battery: SOC, voltage of every parallel cell group, lowest voltage of parallel cells in one brick, highest voltage of parallel cells in one brick, difference of lowest and highest parallel cells of brick, temperature of brick, voltage of cells in series in on brick, total voltage
- Motor: temperature
- Inverter: temperature

Maybe some more data. The listed was the one i was most interested in. This tool will not be able to configure anything, delete error codes or so on, it is only a reader (also to owners own safety). I am asking here, because i do now have all i wanted and i dont need a write a desctop aplication for me, as i allready have a tool i can use if i need. So for me, I am finished.
If there would be large demand for others, i could provide software (need to be written) and hardware. Before you say "yes i want this", think about if you really need this (limited use) and that this will not be for free (i think will be around 200$).

datadog

It's good to hear that progress is being made in this department. If any owners need to look at detailed data at any point, I am in Atlanta and have the ability to do that directly from the bike, along with normal dealer diagnostics. I'd be happy to assist. I'm not sure if the server is still operational in Brisbane, but if it is, then your dealer could upload data and I can also look at it that way.

querlenker

It's good to hear that progress is being made in this department. If any owners need to look at detailed data at any point, I am in Atlanta and have the ability to do that directly from the bike, along with normal dealer diagnostics. I'd be happy to assist. I'm not sure if the server is still operational in Brisbane, but if it is, then your dealer could upload data and I can also look at it that way.
Can you tell us what the Alta service laptop is able to read out? And what it is capable to set/program?

The 4 throttle maps which are in the TMS570 EEPROM? The dc current limit?

To the things listed before I know there must be also run time, charging time. I guess dc and phase amps, throttle voltage/value, Id&Iq and some more live data are there. I haven’t looked for them as I don’t need them.

Regards, Sebastian

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Can you tell us what the Alta service laptop is able to read out? And what it is capable to set/program?

To the things listed before I know there must be also run time, charging time. I guess dc and phase amps, throttle voltage/value, Id&Iq and some more live data are there. I haven’t looked for them as I don’t need them.

Regards, Sebastian

You have a PM.

datadog

Regards, Sebastian

I am assuming Rakesh sent you a PM answering your questions. The data on the Alta is logged whenever the key is on or charger connected and can be viewed graphically like any typical logger, or monitored in real time. Most, if not all sensor values are logged and can be interpreted.

Miles Prower

$200 for a data acquisition device that shows me some geeky numbers, but doesn't really let me act upon those numbers directly?

Well... considering I've spent just as much on all sorts of similar tools for my electric-powered RC obsession hobby... yes, sign me up. :geek:

Miles Prower

I am assuming Rakesh sent you a PM answering your questions. The data on the Alta is logged whenever the key is on or charger connected and can be viewed graphically like any typical logger, or monitored in real time. Most, if not all sensor values are logged and can be interpreted.

Ooohh... if the group of you could put your heads together... and it leads to a more capable data acquisition device... maybe one that's integrated with Sebastion's replacement display... I'd be even more psyched.

querlenker

Thanks for your answers. Due to a lack of time (to many other projects & work), i did not make start this project. But i am interessted in doing it. I think it will take some weeks until i start it. Anyway i do have a good idea how it will look and work like. Maybe there will be also a few more functionality than only displaying the values name in my first post.

snydes

Staff member
An option to clear fault codes would be useful for when repairs are made that would require a fault code to be cleared manually.

Top Bottom