Any Electric or Hybrid vehicles for Stark Transport that have a built in plug for charging?

PsychoBunny

Just wondering if anyone else has done the research for a transport vehicle than can also charge the bike.

If I can find a hybrid cargo van that has an outlet to charge the bike that would be ideal. I live in an apartment complex so being able to store it in the van and then charge from the van would be great. Prefer a Hybrid so I can have unlimited driving range but if I need an electric cargo van that would possibly work as well. Looking at trucks but seems like a cargo van would be better.

AL_V

As far as a truck, an F150 lightning with the right trim level has a 240volt outlet in the bed.
I have bumped up my charge this way several times. It basically does not affect the state of charge of the 131kwh truck battery.
I think Ford makes an electric van as well, but not sure about any details...

PsychoBunny

Thanks, and they have some good lease specials right now. I checked it before but didn't see any mention of an outlet in the bed but you are correct they have a 240v and 120v outlets.

AL_V

Thanks, and they have some good lease specials right now. I checked it before but didn't see any mention of an outlet in the bed but you are correct they have a 240v and 120v outlets.
Some Ford vehicles only have 2.4kw of "Pro-Power onboard," but upper trim levels like my F150 Lightning Lariat have 9.6kw and 320ish mile range.
I think there are hybrid Ford trucks that have it as well.
However, it looks like the E-Transit vans only have 2.4kw and only a little over 100 miles of (claimed) range.

hightechnature

My Tesla CyberBeast has a 50 Amp 240V output. I store my Alta at a 50% charge on the battery to preserve the battery. This is a good practice for any lithium-ion battery. Yesterday I took my Alta and loaded it onto my Cyber Truck with the battery at 50%. I plugged the bike into the truck and drove to the riding area. In the 45 minutes trip my bike was almost fully charged -all while I was driving. I also charged my bike during one of the breaks -just for fun and to show the other guys at the park what electric bikes can do. In the 30 minutes for the lunch break, I was back to full charge, and I left the park with more of a charge than I went with. The bike has 5.7 kWh battery, and the truck has 123kWh. I didn't even notice the drop in battery usage with my drive or while using the charger. With the Tesla onboard charging option, I will never need to bring a generator and will never run out of juice for my ride days.

My next plan is to finish my solar for my home in which case I won't need any energy from anybody. I love my CyberBeast. I beat a Lamborghini yesterday from 60 miles an hour to a higher speed that I will not mention here. The guy in the lambo was impressed. I can also lower the truck to get my bike into and out of the truck easily because the truck can lower and raise itself 8 inches in a few seconds.

Anyway, I'm working on receiving my Stark Varag in a couple of weeks. I'm all in on electric. As you guys already know, it's better. Happy electric riding.

1717008129701.png1717008342561.png

PsychoBunny

Some Ford vehicles only have 2.4kw of "Pro-Power onboard," but upper trim levels like my F150 Lightning Lariat have 9.6kw and 320ish mile range.
I think there are hybrid Ford trucks that have it as well.
However, it looks like the E-Transit vans only have 2.4kw and only a little over 100 miles of (claimed) range.
Yep, I was looking at cargo van options but they have zero specials and leases and financing is horrible since there are so many Amazon drivers etc. using them now. The Ford Lightning Platinum which retails for like 90k has a lease special of $499 with 9k down which seems like the best deal so far. 4th of July should have some specials.

PsychoBunny

My Tesla CyberBeast has a 50 Amp 240V output. I store my Alta at a 50% charge on the battery to preserve the battery. This is a good practice for any lithium-ion battery. Yesterday I took my Alta and loaded it onto my Cyber Truck with the battery at 50%. I plugged the bike into the truck and drove to the riding area. In the 45 minutes trip my bike was almost fully charged -all while I was driving. I also charged my bike during one of the breaks -just for fun and to show the other guys at the park what electric bikes can do. In the 30 minutes for the lunch break, I was back to full charge, and I left the park with more of a charge than I went with. The bike has 5.7 kWh battery, and the truck has 123kWh. I didn't even notice the drop in battery usage with my drive or while using the charger. With the Tesla onboard charging option, I will never need to bring a generator and will never run out of juice for my ride days.

My next plan is to finish my solar for my home in which case I won't need any energy from anybody. I love my CyberBeast. I beat a Lamborghini yesterday from 60 miles an hour to a higher speed that I will not mention here. The guy in the lambo was impressed. I can also lower the truck to get my bike into and out of the truck easily because the truck can lower and raise itself 8 inches in a few seconds.

Anyway, I'm working on receiving my Stark Varag in a couple of weeks. I'm all in on electric. As you guys already know, it's better. Happy electric riding.

View attachment 11379View attachment 11380

Man, I should of ordered one when I had the chance. The Cyberbeast was still available in October a few months ago but I failed to pull the trigger now it says 2025. I have been monitoring the used vehicle section on Tesla.com in case some pop up. I did the same when the Model X first came out and got one early so I am hopeful.

In addition to the Cybertruck and F-150 Lightning, the F-150 Hybrid is also available w/ 7.2Kw 240V Pro Power. The upcoming Rivian R2 will be available with a 240V outlet, and I'm expecting one to become available on the R1 models as well.

JGCyber3

View attachment 11379View attachment 11380
Nice!!! I have my stark but not my Cyber Beast yet - day 92 since order/config....so hoping < 1-2 months! Need to quit checking the damn app every 30 seconds waiting for a vin!

PsychoBunny

In addition to the Cybertruck and F-150 Lightning, the F-150 Hybrid is also available w/ 7.2Kw 240V Pro Power. The upcoming Rivian R2 will be available with a 240V outlet, and I'm expecting one to become available on the R1 models as well.
Thanks, I have been trying to find a hybrid cargo van with a 240 outlet no luck yet. Electric is cool but I want unlimited range. Been checking hybrid SUV’s as well but none have enough height in the cargo area. The Sark owners manual says the bike is 51” tall and 86” long.

AgileMike

Another CyberTruck owner here. I would agree that any hybrid/electric pickup with a 220v outlet outputing at least 15amps is best. The CyberTruck will output 50amps, which is enough to fast charge three Starks at once. Some of the trims of the Lighting only output 110v, which is fine for topping off, but doesn't work very well if you plan to ride multiple races/practice sessions at a track.

I love charging the Starks from the CyberTruck, because the #1 comment of coal rolling douchebags was "so you have an electric bike but you are burning gas to charge it???"

I now charge at home from the grid (over 50% hydro in my area) and charge the bikes from the CyberTruck. I have solar already at home to put on the cargo trailer, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

1717440568561.png

pap

I have the f150 powerboost(hybrid) and charge my varge with it when traveling. It's a 30amp plug and changes quickly. Perfect compliment to the varg.

PsychoBunny

Thanks I checked out the ford trucks yesterday looks like almost all the new ones have outlets in the bed. Some like your have the 30a so that is nice.

Do you put the bike in the bed or on a tow hitch carrier?

pap

Thanks I checked out the ford trucks yesterday looks like almost all the new ones have outlets in the bed. Some like your have the 30a so that is nice.

Do you put the bike in the bed or on a tow hitch carrier?
I put it on the bed when traveling. I have a hitch carrier but the bed is easier for me.

Chaconne

Another CyberTruck owner here. I would agree that any hybrid/electric pickup with a 220v outlet outputing at least 15amps is best. The CyberTruck will output 50amps, which is enough to fast charge three Starks at once. Some of the trims of the Lighting only output 110v, which is fine for topping off, but doesn't work very well if you plan to ride multiple races/practice sessions at a track.

I love charging the Starks from the CyberTruck, because the #1 comment of coal rolling douchebags was "so you have an electric bike but you are burning gas to charge it???"

I now charge at home from the grid (over 50% hydro in my area) and charge the bikes from the CyberTruck. I have solar already at home to put on the cargo trailer, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

View attachment 11407
Yes well even those of us with less cash can still find ways to get around "burning gas to charge it". Although it isn't quite as cool as your setup:cool: my ecoflow and varg work ok with the slow lane method.:) The ecoflow is my power backup with my living situation (condo due to divorce) so a small portable panel is enough to charge my system and then I use it to charge my varg.

I use my bike for enduro and trails so I can get away with a more spread out charging pattern than folks who have more immediate needs at the MX track. So even folks on a tighter budget and different use patterns can find way to unroll the coal...

solarecoflow.jpg

chargeit.jpg