Any recommended Lock on grips for the Varg?

greyStrongWolf

Hi, can any one recomend a pair of lock on grips that will fit the varg? I dont have mine yet, but want to get parts ordered in before the bike arrives.

Thanks!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Lock-on grips is one thing that may not happen soon on electric bikes. Don't the lock-on grips come with an integrated throttle tube on the right hand side?

I am not sure about the Stark Varg's throttle, but the Hirschmann throttle on the Alta is assembled together once and is not meant to be be disassembled ever. They use weird tamper-proof screws. You can glue different grips onto the throttle tube, but you cannot replace the throttle tube without drilling those screws out.

smdub

Don't have my Varg yet but there will be nothing stock that works. I have a LightBee, UltraBee, and KTM E - they all have proprietary throttle tubes. Gas bikes w/ throttle-by-wire are the same (KTM 890R, Husky 701, etc.) so its not just a E bike problem. I put a lock-on the left and glue a grip on the right (which requires carefully cutting the factory grip off. Though you can order the KTM bare tubes.)