Anyone running Kreft suspension?

Fod

Ha ha, Brian told me the other day to bring the forks in again to try another setting and I told him no thanks, it's just too good to change! But he is very picky...

revoltlution

Keep yer cool, don't get hurt, and never give up!
Got my money back in full today, even the shipping.

Great suspension for off-road and woods riders, but for motocross I would look somewhere else.
My EXR suspension is really bad on track day and I was looking forward to Kreft's Xplor Revalve kit for the advertised adjustability. If you have another minute, I'd love to hear why you didn't think the kreft was suitable for tracks.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My EXR suspension is really bad on track day and I was looking forward to Kreft's Xplor Revalve kit for the advertised adjustability. If you have another minute, I'd love to hear why you didn't think the kreft was suitable for tracks.
Woods and trails is what Kreft does best. They do revalve motocross bikes too, but they probably just match the dyno curves to some good known suspensions. I suspect they do not have any skilled MX riders to test for them, so when a curveball like a nose-heavy electric Redshift comes their way they have to rely on their own MX riding and evaluation skills and on the dyno data.

In my case they didn't guess it twice. The Revalve Control does work as advertised, increasing the adjustability range, but something else in the suspension was way off. It was bottoming worse than stock, both front and rear. I did ship it for another revalve to them and it was still bottoming on all but the tiniest flat landings.

I worked with Kreft on their 4CS development back in 2015. Performed 22 revalves of the fork, all by myself, Adam was directing me and giving me shim stack recommendations. I did the revalves and tuned the clickers. It came out pretty good in the end, but I lost half a year of satisfying riding. Also, I hurt my wrists and knees while testing. I do not want to go through this again.

Mikec265

I am still running stock suspension. At this point I have 5 months of winter to get it done. I might go for the SSS conversion instead. With the recent bad news idk what or if I am going to do with my suspension.

Phillip, what class speed do you have on a motocross track? The Kreft stuff is expensive and the adjustment sounds great, but I am a 99% mx track rider.

Mikec265

Going to wait for electrical parts and battery repairs to become available before sinking money into suspension at this point. Pretty bummed out over the bad news. Not sure if I am going to keep it

Top Bottom