Bike no longer saving log files?

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I recently tried downloading log files off my bike after not having done it in over a year. Multitool isn't pulling any log files off the bike over the past 18 months. Is this happening with anyone else? I can't imagine its a scenario where the onboard memory is full and thus the bike is no longer saving log files, because its supposed to overwrite old ones in that case.

Multitool code is designed to look on the bike at the most recent log files, compare to your laptop's log file directory, and download missing ones. It's supposed to work itself backwards from most recent to oldest. Perhaps there is a bug in the code or something else is going on. I'll have to find time to debug i guess.

rayivers

Any chance the laptop & bike file dates don't match up? Maybe if the laptop or its files had incorrect/weird dates, MT might not recognize the bike files as new (just a guess).

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Any chance the laptop & bike file dates don't match up? Maybe if the laptop or its files had incorrect/weird dates, MT might not recognize the bike files as new (just a guess).
I thought of that, but i have my laptop hooked up to the bike almost every time i'm at the track, and always sync the dates.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
If that were the case I wouldn't be able to read old log files from it. It would be odd if only writing to it was broken.

SD cards are notorious for potentially being corrupted. The mini SD card living in the ACM is more commercial grade than automotive, ive seen a few of these cards go bad.

I ran MT on my laptop last night and saw logging traffic occur, could also be an issue with the ACM not communicating.

Have you tried this MT on any other bikes?