Buying Stark Video

JLongoPoker

Hey guys! A lot of you were really helpful when I posted a couple months ago about how I was going to pull the trigger on an Alpha. Appreciate all the info/advice! If anyone is interested heres the livestream edit of when I drove and picked up the bike from Kaplan Cycles. Hope you enjoy :)

Chadx

Love the enthusiasm, but have to call out the lack of responsibility of destroying public property (destroying the gazebo rail and not owning up to it and paying for it or at least trying by contacting them, tearing up the grass area repeatedly in public grassy park section, etc.) That gives everyone on two wheels a bad name. Do better, my man. Integrity.

Reactions: LTJ

JLongoPoker

Love the enthusiasm, but have to call out the lack of responsibility of destroying public property (destroying the gazebo rail and not owning up to it and paying for it or at least trying by contacting them, tearing up the grass area repeatedly in public grassy park section, etc.) That gives everyone on two wheels a bad name. Do better, my man. Integrity.
Hate to be that guy but man you should really know what youre talking about first before you speak, with all due respect. First off I am very responsible and respectful when it comes to my Sur Ron and now Stark riding and where and how I do it. The "destroying the gazebo" ACCIDENT was just that, an accident. And not only did I 100% own up to it immediately and say I was going to have to pay for it, I also called the cops ON MYSELF. Had a report and everything made and was told if the town was going to charge me for it then Id be contacted. You would know this if you saw my livestream from that night, which you can still find on my Twitch page.

And then "tearing up the grass area repeatedly in public grassy park section" again you couldnt be more wrong. If you knew anything about Kaplan Cycles and their world famous Motorcycle shop, you would know that not only was that ALL of their property I was riding on, I was told specifically by the owner that I could ride anywhere around there, that I could and I quote "aerate the grass" meaning tear the crap out of it, and on top of all of that they do the exact same thing in their videos on their YouTube specifically the Stark videos they made around their compound. And again almost all of this could be found out if you watched my livestream of buying the Stark. Which I understand would be tough to find and watch all of, however to just assume a bunch of stuff, well I dont need to say the rest. And thats just the nature of the internet I guess.

Ill link both of the vods for you if you care to see im not the pos youre trying to paint me as. I cant find the exact moment he told me to "aerate the grass" but its there somewhere. Heres one moment when he tells me to go ride around across the street, again which is all owned by them and thats public knowledge.

JLongoPoker

Hate to be that guy but man you should really know what youre talking about first before you speak, with all due respect. First off I am very responsible and respectful when it comes to my Sur Ron and now Stark riding and where and how I do it. The "destroying the gazebo" ACCIDENT was just that, an accident. And not only did I 100% own up to it immediately and say I was going to have to pay for it, I also called the cops ON MYSELF. Had a report and everything made and was told if the town was going to charge me for it then Id be contacted. You would know this if you saw my livestream from that night, which you can still find on my Twitch page.

And then "tearing up the grass area repeatedly in public grassy park section" again you couldnt be more wrong. If you knew anything about Kaplan Cycles and their world famous Motorcycle shop, you would know that not only was that ALL of their property I was riding on, I was told specifically by the owner that I could ride anywhere around there, that I could and I quote "aerate the grass" meaning tear the crap out of it, and on top of all of that they do the exact same thing in their videos on their YouTube specifically the Stark videos they made around their compound. And again almost all of this could be found out if you watched my livestream of buying the Stark. Which I understand would be tough to find and watch all of, however to just assume a bunch of stuff, well I dont need to say the rest. And thats just the nature of the internet I guess.

Ill link both of the vods for you if you care to see im not the pos youre trying to paint me as. I cant find the exact moment he told me to "aerate the grass" but its there somewhere. Heres one moment when he tells me to go ride around across the street, again which is all owned by them and thats public knowledge.

Also heres Kaplan Jr tearing up the same grass in the so called "public grassy park section" aka their own property.

Chadx

Good deal. I've VERY glad I was wrong on both accounts. Sorry and thank you for clarifying. None of that info about the damaged rail was conveyed in the video clip you chose to edit into this vid, so I could only go by that and your comment about riding by the gazebo a week later and the rail was all brand new. That wasn't the whole story. I stand corrected.

JLongoPoker

Good deal. I've VERY glad I was wrong on both accounts. Sorry and thank you for clarifying. None of that info about the damaged rail was conveyed in the video clip you chose to edit into this vid, so I could only go by that and your comment about riding by the gazebo a week later and the rail was all brand new. That wasn't the whole story. I stand corrected.
Yeah youre absolutely right, its hard to get the whole story from just a clip. I added the clip just to add a bit of context to that moment of the video when Kaplan said he saw the clip prior to me coming to the shop. Thought it would be funny to show exactly what he was referring to. I guess your reaction has to be expected though when you have no other context to the clip. Glad I could clarify the situation for you, appreciate the apology :)

Chadx

Yep, no worries. I have no issue admitting when I am wrong. Ha. It's easy to expect the worst out of people lately. YT and other social media is constantly filled with examples of riders having total disregard for public opinion about motorcycle riders actions, public safety, destruction of property, breaking laws, riding where not allowed, and the examples go on and on...and the worst part is everyone cheers them on. The few that call them out are yelled at and called "Karens" for pointing out the content creator is doing something wrong. Feels like the whole world is on crazy pills and doing whatever they want. Integrity if few and far between. Maybe it's always been that way and it's just more in our face everyday because it's celebrated in social media and YT. People just keep doing more outrageous things to get those clicks and "look at me attention".

Food for thought is that, even when someone isn't doing anything wrong, there is the old saying: "perception is reality". Meaning, what the person 'thinks' they are observing is their reality. Be that my jumping to conclusions about your content without all the background or the publics probable reaction to seeing dirtbikes tear up that grass in a boulevard (grassy/treed area along side the public roadway). As you mention, that section is owned by Kaplan, but the general non-motorcycle public may only see a dirtbike tearing up the grass and has no idea it's private property and not public. It's not behind a fence like the rest of their property on the other side of the street. In your video, it seems like the public uses that area based on the people strolling along or walking their dogs. So even though Kaplan has the right to rip it up and have buyers rip it up, I submit it may be in their best interest, and the interest of the riding community, to not tell rides to hot rod there and keep it on the main Kaplan campus. The general public isn't going to research property ownership just like I didn't gather than from the video. If it looks like public space, that is what their story will be: "Saw a dirtbike tearing up the grass along the road today". Would be great to see Kaplan limit actions that can be misinterpreted so easily as the riding community gets too much bad press already. (y)