Canard to race Honda CR Electric in Japan

snydes

Staff member
I’m excited to see an electric CR, but I’d bet that best case they’d be years yet from a production bike, but I hope I’m wrong. Let’s hope Stark will motivate the big manufacturers to stop sitting on their hands and play ball. I feel like the flood gates are beginning to open up though.

Swank171

Wondering if this is some top secret project Honda has been hiding and will accompany some big news at the race….one can only hope!! Haha!

It was last talked about years ago….I’m sure they didn’t just drop the idea after a 2019 prototype.

HadesOmega

That Mugen bike has been around for a couple years now. So it's not anything new. The Honda bike looks almost identical to the Mugen bike. They've gotten to the point where they are going to race it now I guess. I'm surprised Honda has done much with Mugen in terms of electric motorcycles. Mugen is the King of Isle of Mann TT Zero.

Swank171

The fact that it’s nothing new gives reason to believe they have been developing something to drop on us in a top secret manner in my eyes.

HadesOmega

Saw this on facebook, hope they do well.​

Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

·
The electric motocrosser CR ELECTRIC PROTOTYPE will be entered in the D.I.D All Japan Motocross Championship, this weekend at Round 8 in Saitama. 26a1.png
This will be Honda’s first attempt to enter a Honda-developed electric motorcycle in the All Japan Championship, and will make a wildcard appearance as @hondaracingcorporation.
@treycanard , 2010 AMA Pro Motocross 250 class champion, will ride the CR ELECTRIC PROTO at the event. Complete with Dunlop tires.
#RideDunlop #RaceDunlop #Honda #HRC #Hondamotorcycle #Hondaracing #Motocross #MX #Offroad #Motorcycle #Racing #Motorsports #EVbike #Electricbike #crelectricproto