CFMoto Electric Dirtbike

HadesOmega

Saw this on Facebook. I recently got to ride some CFMoto bikes at Moto America Laguna Seca and the were impressive. Got to ride the 450SS, CL-X Sport, and 650 Adventura. Looks like they are going to enter the electric dirtbike arena.

gprix1

What's really interesting here is the partnership with KTM. I have been thinking there is no way KTM is going to let Stark have all of the E-Moto spotlight for long.

Capture.JPG

HadesOmega

What's really interesting here is the partnership with KTM. I have been thinking there is no way KTM is going to let Stark have all of the E-Moto spotlight for long.

View attachment 10580

Actually from what I heard CFMoto makes parts for KTM. That's how CFMoto started is providing parts and motorcycles for other brands. I heard the engine in their adventure bikes is the same as the KTM engine. Now they are their own brand So it makes sense that they would have some ties with KTM.

A little googlefu and I found this:
Is CFMOTO made by KTM?

CFMoto , the Chinese manufacturer of various two and four-wheeled motorcycles, entered a joint venture with KTM in 2017 with the both now sharing bike platforms, engines, global production and distribution.2 days ago

CFMoto AKA KTM built an electric bike? - Enduro21​

bearorso

View attachment 10580
Yup, the recent lines from KTM about them Not being interested in a full sized, full performance E bike, I regard as Utter Bulls**t.

CFMoto and KTM are quite intertwined.

Perhaps the CFMoto E MXer / Enduro, will be used by KTM in the way Honda have used Mugen in their E bike early ventures - as Honda have done with Mugen for decades now. Though, the CFMoto 'thing' will, I'd assume, be a full production ( of the CFMoto E ) release, , as against Honda's Mugen 'prototyping' set up.

It's just misdirection on their part. Sort of putting s**t on the Vargs, that have really gazumped them and the major manufacturers.

They've had the E Freeride now since 2014, I think.

With buggerall ( slightly more potent battery?) change to it in all that time, and with it being rather expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I've ridden them quite a lot, both in Europe and my mate's one here in OZ . And, I really like it in my local, tight, Tight single track and Hard Enduro terrain. The "bigger than a Trials bike / Smaller than a Enduro / MX bike" , works well, up to a point. But the 'buy price', and the upgrades needed for it (largely brakes and suspension) Really make it pricey. I think my mate has put so much money into it, that it rivals the Stark Varg(s) he's (finally!) about to receive cost.

They've now got the 2 types of E Minicycles., in, three colours. Some think ( and they may be correct) that a true, full sized EXC / SX E bike will come after '65 / 85 / 105' sized E models, but if they wait that long, they may be behind other major manufacturers full sized bike efforts.