Charger output

Bloak

I have the Alta motors redshift charger 3300. Is this the fast charger? (Input; 120vac 12a, 240vac 16a) (pn: 2103883-00)
My generator is showing 2750va-2800vs, when charging bike. Is this fast charging or standard?
I read somewhere it should be 3300va for fast charge

Bloak

I looked at my generator again (Honda EU7000). I was thinking output should be more when charging but seems to settle at 2800VA using 240v. Occasionally I would see 2850VA. After reading other posts, I realized I was using "ECO" mode. Thinking it was attempting to save fuel over full out put, I turned it off. No luck, still 2800VA. (Which, converted to watts using a .95pf, is around 2660, according to an online calculator).
2800VA when bike is cold or just off track.

I guess this is where I'm at. Not to bad for charging at track. Arm pump seems to go away just as charging ends.... then repeat.

The eu7000 will charge bike and run trailer AC at same time, so I'm happy with that. (Had the Q6500 B&S but it couldn't run AC, so took it back)

strider

What was the SOC (State of Charge/Charge Level) when you saw 2800? The charger will taper the charge is the battery fills. You'll typically only see full charge power when the battery is quite low.

One example I've used for people is equate it to filling a glass of water to the very top without overflowing. When the glass is empty you can fill very fast. As the glass fills up you need to slow the fill to make sure you don't overfill.

Bloak

I see 2800 when its under 1/2 charge. I know what you mean about it tapering off. I'll see it drop off to 1100-1500 and know its 3/4 full.

Top Bottom