General Electric trials

Tzsuzuki

Hi all, I happened across this forum while researching the new Electric motion factor E, which I am considering. I have been riding and competing in observed trials now for about 6 years. It’s great fun and fairly safe if you stay within your skill set.
While I see some serious handicaps with electric dirt bikes (range), there are almost none with electric trials motorcycles.
For those that don’t know what a trials competition is: A typical trial consists of 8 sections or tests, spread out on a loop 3-6 miles in length, which is repeated three times for a total of 24 sections.
My wife has a 2015 EM works fine for her, a bit heavy, but she gets around just fine for a 60 year old. I currently ride a gas powered Vertigo nitro 250.
We have a number of competitors on EM’s and one on a Mecatecno dragonfly (138lbs!) in Arizona. The nature of trials riding and competing does not require a lot of power or fuel. At a local trial the electric riders have no trouble completing the competition and then some. My friend on the dragonfly was,given a loaner battery for a national completion, 32 sections, he won his class senior clubman, he is 69.
I would encourage anyone that is devoted,to electric motorcycles to give trials a try. You will instantly have a advantage over new riders on ICE bikes.
I myself have concluded that I may be better off on a EM or dragonfly, leaning towards EM for the gear box.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool, @Tzsuzuki. Thank you for the info and the stories.

I found some links:

Please post some links to the local events where you compete.

Tzsuzuki

I will be at the Tennessee rounds of the NATC nationals at the Trials training center. (It’s where the Tennessee knock out is held). I will ride in the clubman class Saturday and Sunday, my 14 year old grandson will compete in Junior sportsman, a level up from me. My 10 year old grandson although quite good isn’t ready for the NATC yet. They have a youth trial Friday and Saturday for kids from 3-16. The boys will be in a family camp Monday through Thursday after the national, The pros stay behind and teach the kids for four days, Friday Saturday and Sunday the eastern youth nationals take place there.
all my grandkids started riding on electric trials (Oset) once they figured out the basics the transition to a 80cc beta was easy. For parents wanting to get their kids riding this is the way to go, get involved with the trials community in your area, you will find them to be very welcoming and helpful. At the Arizona round of the NATC series, My 14 year old grandson was getting pointers from the top pros as they were all in the same area practicing. I doubt you will see that elsewhere.
I hope to try a EM factor E in Tennessee, Geoff Aaron is now the brand ambassador for EM and will be there with bikes on display.

A few more.