Engine number location ?

jokerio

The mystery of the location of engine number solved, Sort-of !
But what blows is, you cant see it ! (unless you take it apart)
Dumb-ass place to put it !!
See below
Letter also:
Joe Carrillo
Nov 10, 2023, 00:12 GMT+1
Where is the engine number located ? Needed for registration purposes .
Thanks
Sales Support (Stark Future)
Nov 10, 2023, 16:24 GMT+1
Good morning Joe

Thanks for your feedback

You can find the engine number between the battery and the motor

Please find attached the picture of how it looks

In case of further information needed just let us know
Best regards,
Stark Future Team

Engine.jpg

Redbull

We need to get ahead of this and ask Stark to supply engine numbers with each bike. Or have it on our orders. They have to know what each of our numbers are/will be.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
For motorcycles, California requires an engine (or motor) number, along with the frame number for On or Off-Road registration and to get a title.
If CHP needs to verify the VIN, they also need to be able to see the engine number. Putting it in an unviewable spot will complicate this. I had to do this on one of my Altas here in California, and I wasn’t quite sure where it was. Turns out it is clear enough on the side of the bulkhead. But it would have failed the inspection if they couldn’t have verified it.

jokerio

It took a month, but after sending a "reminder" email to Stark, they finally got back to me with my motor Number....
Now was that so hard Stark ? (it should be on the MSO, like every other motorcycle ! )

notna

I just wasted the whole day in DMV just to get a refusal to register my Varg as OHV since there’s no visible engine number. 😡

notna

It took a month, but after sending a "reminder" email to Stark, they finally got back to me with my motor Number....
Now was that so hard Stark ? (it should be on the MSO, like every other motorcycle ! )
Did you just provide the number at DMV and it worked out or did you have to unscrew the bike? According to the guy at my DMV he needs to see it himself

Swank171

I asked this question in another post related to another CA owner and Stark indicated it was not needed....hooray
100% the vin and engine number are needed.

For 5 years my business was building Harley and American custom motorcycles until this commie state made it impossible to profit as a business…

every single bike I brought in from an auction or found in another state had to have the vin and engine number to be registered. They even had to have 7500 miles depending on the year….that was easily fixed with a small fan and some wiring. Just turn the fan on and let the ODO cook at about 100mph until 7500…..

This goes back to not all my frustration being with stark alone in this shopping/delivery matter. I do give some credit to CA making it almost illegal to breathe…

notna

Now that I have the number, I am buying (on eBay) a metal plate with the number engraved and affix it someplace
that looks OEM...

Please share how it goes.

Also this could be one of the workarounds for Stark Future to implement. Send us all a kit with a plate that can be attached.

notna

Fun fact. I almost got my Varg registered as on-road motorcycle due to DMV employee mistake. He went through the whole process before getting stuck on the engine number. Not having mirrors or other things did not matter at all, if only I had an engine number I'd get license plates for it. Lack of engine number made him look closer at my request where I clearly marked "off-highway" and MOC where it says it's not for roads. I realized his mistake mid-process but after spending 5 hours there I didn't stop him.

notna

Just got a reply from Stark Future. Turns out engine number not being visible is only a part of the issue. There’s no unique engine number at all on Vargs.

“SMX1-PT-CS-01” from the screenshot above is a part number which is the same for every bike. Stark Future claims that someone succeeded by using the part number and is suggesting me trying the same.

Based on my experience this will not fly with the DMV inspector I talked to…

notna

Might as well avoid DMV altogether and slam a fake green sticker then or not have a sticker at all bullshitting the park rangers every time saying it’s “in process”.

I’ll give DMV one last try with a generic part number.

Top Bottom