Getting the Husky E5

Mikec265

I'd agree but most kids at my sons school don't know what a dirt bike is. As far as we know the only 2 kids with dirt bikes hang out at my place.

Mikec265

Most of the snow melted today. It was slick. The 5 year old test rider has had a PW50, XR50, and a lowered KX65 with a Rekluse auto clutch. He said this EE5 Husky is his favorite bike so far!

IMG_20191227_161615.jpg

wllz19

Put a deposit down on the Husky E5 today.
They are $100 more than the KTM, but we can get another battery at cost. I'm having a hard time stomaching $5150 for a kids bike, but hopefully I can run all 3 of my kids on it in the next few years and my nephew. Having 2 tracks at home and a 3rd next door it should get a lot of hours on it. Hopefully it's as reliable as my Alta has been, and makes up for the cost with the lack of maintenance, oil, gas and personal labor time.

PS: Don't any of you tell my wife yet.....
Any luck with the extra battery situation. I've seen on the internet that people say you need to have the battery in the bike to charge it. I've contacted KTM to see if there is a work around - maybe need to purchase another control panel? wiring harness? whatever else? I love this bike and so does my grandson but it would be nice to go to a 5 hour practice where he can ride most of the time instead of having to take 2 -1.5 hour breaks between 3 - 1 hour motos (give or take a few minutes). I'd like to go to the track with 2 charged batteries and then charge while we are there too (while he's riding).
Otherwise what's the answer? another bike? What are some of you other guys doing?

Mikec265

Any luck with the extra battery situation. I've seen on the internet that people say you need to have the battery in the bike to charge it. I've contacted KTM to see if there is a work around - maybe need to purchase another control panel? wiring harness? whatever else? I love this bike and so does my grandson but it would be nice to go to a 5 hour practice where he can ride most of the time instead of having to take 2 -1.5 hour breaks between 3 - 1 hour motos (give or take a few minutes). I'd like to go to the track with 2 charged batteries and then charge while we are there too (while he's riding).
Otherwise what's the answer? another bike? What are some of you other guys doing?
I never got another battery. The kid has ridden the crap out of it. If you get one put dielectric grease on every electrical connection and let the kid ride the wheels off of it.
My kid is just outgrowing it. He also had a 65 the whole time as a 2nd bike. Planning on putting my next kid on it next year.