Headlights ✔️

PsychoBunny

Off to the mountains to test them out. Was going to put them on the handlebars but they fit perfectly on the forks :)

2400 Lumens each, got two for redundancy. Can remove each in 1 second via the rubber strap. Didn’t have the lights aligned for some pictures but you get the idea. Will have to do a video at night so far seems like a winner.

Light picture 1 - 700 lumen each.

Light picture 2 - 1500 lumens each.

Light picture 3 - 2400 lumens each.

IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

eddiebee

I'm working on a minimalist lighting setup to get road legal, to avoid using a trailer as there's a mx track a few miles from my home. Found this DOT/ECE approved lowbeam projector which is only 1100 lumens but has a sharp cutoff.

1000096787.jpgScreenshot_20240824_195034_Gallery.jpg

AL_V

I'm working on a minimalist lighting setup to get road legal, to avoid using a trailer as there's a mx track a few miles from my home. Found this DOT/ECE approved lowbeam projector which is only 1100 lumens but has a sharp cutoff.

View attachment 11804View attachment 11805
That looks nice, and definitely passes the “minimalist” test!
I assume you need tail/brake lights as well.
Do they have to be DOT approved?

eddiebee

That looks nice, and definitely passes the “minimalist” test!
I assume you need tail/brake lights as well.
Do they have to be DOT approved?
Not usually, but I suppose it depends where you are. I don't need a highbeam but do need a tail+brake light, signals, and at least one mirror.

Torqu3

View attachment 11804View attachment 11805
I love how compact and minimal it is. I was going to do something similar but really couldn't find a low enough profile light that I liked. I also did not consider having it shine through a window in the number plate, I was going to try and flush mount it. Could you post some beam pattern pics?

I ended up just mounting a pod at the top of the number plate. It's a triple pod dual beam (high/low) unit. It works well but I want to firm it up a bit, more bouncy than I'd like because of mounting.
1724773650038.png

1724773691277.png

Not aimed well here, but here's high and low on. 1724773770078.png

Front indicators.
1724773816121.png

eddiebee

Could you post some beam pattern pics?
The Koso Mini LED headlight series is available in lowbeam, highbeam, or fog. I got the lowbeam version.

Unfortunately the mounting position isn't perfect as the front fender blocks the light hitting directly in front of the bike, but for my needs it's fine.

20240829_150838.jpg

Top Bottom