Here is a weird one

Matt

E-Rider
After riding my bike for a little while I checked the charge and the battery graph was displaying 0% SOC. No flashing of the display, no limiting of power. I was pretty confident I would be around 50% left when I stopped to check. I brought it home and connected multitool and noticed that module 0 was about 1 volt higher than the other three. I checked the battery graph and as you can see below the whole module is higher than the other three. This module was replaced earlier this year. I have checked the battery graph several times with multitool since we replaced module 0 and it has always been even with the other modules. While charging module 1-3 caught module 0 relatively quickly and then all 4 continued to rise evenly. Anyone have any thoughts? My thought is module 0 has much less time on it than the other 3 and losses charge more rapidly causing the imbalance. Another thought could be a BRD malfunction? I also had a code 37 pop up yesterday and the humidity sensor was reading 40%. Based on voltages of the modules I was at about 47% SOC when I plugged it into multitool. On the dash section it was reading 0% SOC.

IMG_20211002_212419_01.jpg

enjoythesilenc

The code 37 is suspicious. If the problem is a difference of each module's capacity, it should be repeatable everytime you ride it, i think. Maybe run it more while checking modules as it discharges. Also look at a few of the most recent "rides" to see if the same thing was happening. Seems like you should have an imbalance code, (35?) too.

Matt

E-Rider
The code 37 is suspicious. If the problem is a difference of each module's capacity, it should be repeatable everytime you ride it, i think. Maybe run it more while checking modules as it discharges. Also look at a few of the most recent "rides" to see if the same thing was happening. Seems like you should have an imbalance code, (35?) too.
Planning to test it again soon. The day this happened I was riding it a lot harder/faster than the week prior. Will see if the imbalance happens again soon and report back

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Tested it some today. Modules staid balances at multiple charge levels and no issues. Humidity was at 51 percent. Everything worked as it should. Weird

Silly question. When you put the "newer" module in did you reseal the bottom cover with butyl? Once a pack has been cracked open for any repair, its ideal for the R-packs to properly seal it up with butyl