Alta Hour Meter

kenweld

Hey,

I have an MX and was wondering if the hour meter starts ticking over as soon as the key is on, or does it only do it when the throttle is turned and your moving? Reason i ask is the meter seems to increase in hours quite quickly compared to the amount of riding i do. So i feel as soon as key is on, the hours are increasing even just sitting there. Thanks in advance.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hey,

I have an MX and was wondering if the hour meter starts ticking over as soon as the key is on, or does it only do it when the throttle is turned and your moving? Reason i ask is the meter seems to increase in hours quite quickly compared to the amount of riding i do. So i feel as soon as key is on, the hours are increasing even just sitting there. Thanks in advance.

Are you able to show a photo of the "hour" meter? The only display that should be on the bike is the Alta display, and that hour functionality only exists when the right button is pressed on the display...

kenweld

Hey Rashid,
Yes i realize the hour meter is only displayed when right button is pushed. But my question is, is the meter increasing in time when your just sitting there with the key turned in the on position? Or is it when the throttle is activated? Cheers

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hey Rashid,
Yes i realize the hour meter is only displayed when right button is pushed. But my question is, is the meter increasing in time when your just sitting there with the key turned in the on position? Or is it when the throttle is activated? Cheers

The hours are related to the odometer. Which is calculated by the ACM. So when your moving, that is recorded by the ACMs accelerometer.

snydes

Staff member
There was a firmware update that changed the how the hour meter logged time. Not sure if that’s helpful to this question or not.

New in MX 1.3:
- improve battery fatal state reporting
- improve inverter handling of failed/intermitent temperature sensors and display warning
- warning for 9v starter battery near end of life
- use ACM drive-time hourmeter instead of BCU drive-time hourmeter