I had to ride an ICE bike this weekend

Butch

Poseur
We went to Stonyford in the Mendocino National Forest and I did not have a generator. Now I have to spend an hour cleaning the TM. I sure like the Alta better. Though I suppose I would still have an Ice bike to clean, as my typical MO is ride it while the Alta is charging.

19F86FA0-0D1E-4500-BE11-9E70327C5BA0.jpeg

WoodsWeapon

I do the same and usually bring both bikes to get a full day of riding. I also like the Alta better, but Im certainly faster on my 350.

Duncan

Totally am eye-to-eye with you on enjoy riding the Alta more than an ICE.

Sold my'15 350 XCFW and don't miss it.

Sure, I do wish my EX had more range but at my ripe age I can live with it fine particularly since I just do casual trail riding.

Curious - why do you think you are faster on your 350? Weight? Suspension/handling?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I sold my 2015 YZ450F and 2015 Husky TC250. Do not miss them at all.

But I still have warm thoughts about my 2005 CRF250. It just needs its maintenance done, plus a few small repairs. Then it will be good for some MX and light trail riding. I also kept the 1995 CR250. It makes no financial sense to be selling it. It is a classic, it served me well in the past, and it might do it again in the future, should I choose to race in vintage classes. Maybe I will soon realize that it is cool, or maybe not.

WoodsWeapon

I think 30 years of ice riding has made some habits hard to break for me. Ive always been a severe clutch abuser, and am struggling not having that option with Alta. Also always been a point and shoot kinda rider, but the Alta breaks traction too easily for that so I have to try and rde wide sweeping lines instead. And for some strange mental reason, i find myself sitting more than standing, but Im trying to overcome these issues.

Mark911

The other day when we had my battery pack out of my bike I kinda had a wishful moment. As I wheeled my bike around the garage it occurred to me that this is what my old 06 YZ125 weight felt like ready to ride! I immediately started looking at Craigslist for used 125s.

Reactions: Fod