Kawasaki KXF Electric from switzerland

Sash

Hi all,

I am Sasha from switzerland .

I did start a electric MX Conversion Project. I saw a lot of MX-Bike on the web wich were convertet for mostly riding in the woods. Im shore thats great fun!
On my project i wanna fokosing only on the MX track.

The Bike is a 2012 KXF-250. I ordered following parts:

-QS 138 90H motor
-ASI BAC8000 controller
-Domino Throttle
-display
-wiring loom

I do scan the frame and the main components to build brackets and all the hardware on the CAD drawing program.
I plan to do a primary-chaindrive on the right side and then go over a shaft to the sproket to drive the rearwheel on the left.

After placing all drive-parts i now the space and shape for the battery.
Im hoping to get 510x 16850 Panasonic Cells to a battery wich has 72V and around 5,8kwh like the ALTA has.

Battery-wise im not shore if i shod build all by my self (would be my first battery Build), and order all the cells. Or i order 2 Tesla Model S Packs and rip them appart becuase there are the same cells. I was thinking about because that would be the much cheaper way.

Regards, and a happy new year, Sasha

Reactions: Rix

testus191

I'll be very surprised if you're able to fit 510 cells in that frame. Its just so hard to efficiently layout a pack on these conversions as these frames were just not designed with that in mind. At least not without separating the pack up and having to run a smaller one in the airbox area, which I'm not personally a fan of, or the pack being really wide making the bike feel awkwardly wide and exposing the pack exterior and making more likely to be prone to damage. That said, I hope you find a way and turn out with an excellent build!

Also, for anyone else interested that doesn't have access to real 3D scanning, there's a cool IOS app called ScandyPro. Its a great and cheap way to get a decent scan. Takes some practice and having an Ipad to use as a remote viewer helps. Also, make sure you have good flat lighting (no glares) as well as a reference object for good tracking. They have some good video on YouTube of how to use the app. Obviously its not going to give you accurate mounting points and is mostly for visual aid, but it will get you in the ballpark. There are other ways to accurately get mounting locations, albeit a bit more involved. But this is the scan I got of my '07 KX250F in my living room with some LED work lights and my iPhone.

nc_ohc=loSq3s52Xf4AX-bha9-&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg-3g6oI&tn=D1qUZ4FTfsNIoVX2&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-3.jpg

Top Bottom