KO Moto Light Bee + KLX170 vs. Horse Thief Mile AMA Supermoto + 2WTD [April 7-8, 2023]

HadesOmega

Took me a long time to get these vids up because I was not happy with this event. But my main goal was to ride the famous Horse Thief Mile and that I did get to do! Hose Thief Mile is a unique track in that it was designed to mimic a mountain pass road. It has more elevation that Streets of Willow. In my opinion is a little too big for minibikes, a full size supermoto is probably more appropriate. For this event I have my KO Moto Factory Spec powered Light Bee and the Kawasaki KLX170. These bikes are very close to each other in performance see how they do on the Horse Thief Mile. Also 2-Wheel Trackdays did no allow me to race with a helmet camera a stupid rule more and more orgs are implementing so I didn't get any race footage =(

The first day was a trackday.. Unfortunately the Light Bee's battery wouldn't last 8 laps, it overheated at 7 laps. The amount of time you are WOT is a lot on this track. So I made the decision to race the KLX, the Light Bee was pretty fast on this track though!

1st time on the track with the Light Bee I blow one of the turns right away

1st time on the KLX170 after getting some practice on the Light Bee

HadesOmega

They were not racing minis with a dirt section this race but I asked Alex Mock if I could ride the dirt section a couple times on the KLX and Light Bee to try it out. I can see why they didn't want minis to race on this because it's very steep and the minis might not have the power to clear the hill. As long as you got enough speed through it you'd make it though.

HadesOmega

2nd track session on the Light Bee and I am determined to finish most of the session on the Light Bee. How are we going to keep the Light Bee on the track the whole time without it dying like last time? We're going to do a battery swap!

2nd track session on the KLX170 getting faster hitting those apex!

Fast forward to tomorrow morning practice. I get my fastest lap in this short practice.

HadesOmega

So unfortunately 2WTD does not allow helmet cameras and I didn't have any other camera or mounts with me so I didn't get any video of my races. I raced in 150SS and 65GP after getting whooped pretty bad in 150SS. Anyway you'll just have to settle for my narration in the After Action Review

HadesOmega

Some of the racing that day

Asphalt Amateur

Open MiniGP Race 2

Supermoto Open Amateur Race 1

Supermoto Open Amateur Race 2

Supermoto Open Pro Race