LHRB home brew

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If I remember correctly, there is some kind of a vent in the large top thread of the master cylinder reservoir. Is there? I know it needs to be there, but it doesn't work very well. But in your design you had to eliminate it. Did you have to do anything special to seal that larger top thread?

standbyu

If I remember correctly, there is some kind of a vent in the large top thread of the master cylinder reservoir. Is there? I know it needs to be there, but it doesn't work very well. But in your design you had to eliminate it. Did you have to do anything special to seal that larger top thread?
Hi Philip, I cut those vent holes out on my lathe. If you compare a stock cap to the one in the picture you'll see the flange is thinner. I use a copper washer and a o-ring inside the cap for sealing . The o-ring is probably not necessary but there's a recess already machined in the body for one so I installed one for insurance. It works as good as the Clake insert by the way. That's a 3/8 NPT aluminum plug where the site glass was.