Matrix Concepts Powerlift 2.0 stand

rayivers

Here it is (video at bottom of link) - definitely the best MC stand I've ever owned or used. It's well-made and solid internally, has thick rubber feet that are super stable even on my uneven garage floor, operates easily by hand or foot, and can lift 440lbs 1mm at a time if needed. Right now I'm doing shock-clearance mods to my vintage bike's silencer mount, and it was so easy to raise/lower the rear end tiny amounts without smashing sh*t together or tipping over. :) It's also great for aligning wheels for axle insertion, brake work, chain lubing & slack checking throughout travel range, etc. With the proper setup, it would likely make battery work a hell of a lot easier too. It's a little tall (11.75") for my 44mm-lowered Alta, but not a problem.

Some caveats... it's not cheap, and if you buy one, I'd insist that the seller test it before shipping. Matrix's battery supplier sent them a bunch of rejects by mistake, but Matrix/Group 6 quickly made it right and now I have three (main / good spare / parts only). These 24V 2.6Ah batteries use INR 18650 cells in 7S1P, have a built-in test function, and are easily repaired. I like the charger too; it's small & fan-cooled, with a blinking red/green LED indicating charge duty cycle. There's a 12V car-outlet charge cord (didn't try that) and they can also add your name / number (see below).

2168_source_1664331311.jpg

HadesOmega

So fancy I think I saw someone with one of these at the track last week. Looks heavy but I guess that would keep it from tipping over easily. Another thing to charge at the track =/

rayivers

I used the stand dozens of times yesterday & this AM, still going strong on the initial charge (rated for 150 lifts per charge; anyone buying one will have to weigh that 'limitation' against the benefits of 150 effortless and infinitely controllable lifts). None of the precision lifts I did could've been done on any other stand I've seen, so if that's "fancy" this one surely is. :) It's heavier than the cheapo lever-lift stand I finally chucked, but I can lift it easily with 2 fingers.

Top Bottom