Media Review Media Week in Spain - VitalMX Review

rayivers

I get a strange feeling watching these videos - such a big difference from Alta first-riders yelling into their helmets. I see what looks to be Alta map 3 power, and some fairly faint praise - but it's a pre-production bike, and will surely improve as time goes on.

fsfs

I get a strange feeling watching these videos - such a big difference from Alta first-riders yelling into their helmets. I see what looks to be Alta map 3 power, and some fairly faint praise - but it's a pre-production bike, and will surely improve as time goes on.

It is considerably more powerful than the Alta. A number of riders have ridden both bikes. If it was less than the Alta the media would rip it to shreds.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
They do not make 30A "normal" 110V outlets in the US, which is what you would need to charge a 6 kWh battery in 2 hours.
Charging in 2 hours would be from a European 220V or a US 240V outlet.

rayivers

After watching all the videos, I take back my original impression - it was the riders I initially saw that were slow, not the bike (seeing Josh Hill rip made that clear). There was also plenty of genuine enthusiasm for the bike. Stoked!

DonCox

They do not make 30A "normal" 110V outlets in the US, which is what you would need to charge a 6 kWh battery in 2 hours.
Charging in 2 hours would be from a European 220V or a US 240V outlet.
Phillip, they do use a 30A 110V plug quite commonly here in the US, it is the standard smaller RV connection. That is what I have in my RV. A lot of the quiet generators have that as an outlet. Here is a Predator from Harbor Freight, but many models of this size have the same. Bigger RV even have a 50A 110V plug, but usually it is 2 separate 110V 50A services.

Predator 3500.jpg

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Phillip, they do use a 30A 110V plug quite commonly here in the US, it is the standard smaller RV connection. That is what I have in my RV. A lot of the quiet generators have that as an outlet. Here is a Predator from Harbor Freight, but many models of this size have the same. Bigger RV even have a 50A 110V plug, but usually it is 2 separate 110V 50A services.

View attachment 8669
Hahaha! I know you have a 30A outlet in your RV! You have the best "motovan", Don!

According to @fsfs, the Stark Varg's charger is 220V 16A input (3,300W output). The exact same specs as the Alta's "Rapid" charger. So, it would charge the Varg in under 2 hours from 240V 16A or in 5-6 hours from 110V 14A (I hope 110V charging is supported).