My first ride of my redshift mx

metallic88

Are you liking it so far?
yes its great I have put about 60 miles on it since i got it but it has almost 500 miles since it was a demo bike.I ran it through sandy areas the other day at 105 degrees, and it impressed me because lots of people say the mx doesnt like heat as much . my only complaint i have on it are those 4cs forks(but once i get them resprung and valved im hoping they'll be better). i wish they would have used showas.its like having my kx250f, yz250, and rmz450 that i had in one bike without all the maintenance. I do wish i could adjust the maps though like i did on my kx, id like more engine braking.

snydes

Staff member
I was thinking Utah. We're going to be going out to the coral pink sand dunes state park this year. Not sure how the Alta is going to do as far as the battery life there. Probably not good. You ever ride there?

metallic88

I was thinking Utah. We're going to be going out to the coral pink sand dunes state park this year. Not sure how the Alta is going to do as far as the battery life there. Probably not good. You ever ride there?
yeah its north of here i haven't been in awhile last time i went i was on a kx250

metallic88

so I dont know why all the reviews on these things say they eat tires. this is after 100 miles of hard rock riding, my 250f eats more tires than this bike.

20140412_153445.jpg

metallic88

I think it depends a lot on your right hand...

What tire is that?
it a michelin starcross 5 its a soft terrain tire the set was on it when i bought it, im not sure i like them i prefer intermediate tires. also it really needs a 110 rear. im not that easy on it though i got 19 miles out of the battery today mostly in map 4 lol. but i guess i dont like to peel out all the time ether.

Fod

I run that rear tire and it looks just like yours but it mine is a medium. Anyways I am by no means fast or aggressive, and run it only on groomed tracks. I weight 180lbs. The very outside knobs are chunking off after about 3-5 motos. But tire works great before it tears!

metallic88

here is a video of my trail ride today, its so much nicer now that i have the suspesion dialed in and finally balanced. If you make it through the video my opinions on the alta are there also.

metallic88

I love rhe terrain you ride on. Present a real sense of freedom.
When I travel far from civilization, I try not to ride alone, in case of injury, malfunction... Aren't you worried about that?

its really not that far from town usually i have my cell phone on me and people know where im at, ive though of that already. I had bikes break down and stuff out there and had people come get me. usually i ride with people but its hard to schedule quick rides all the time. most long rides and far from civilization rides im always with a group of people.

Top Bottom